[spectre] Heavy Matter Exhibition and Panel @ ISEA 2010

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Aug 17 12:31:06 CEST 2010

Dear Spectres,

 From tomorrow, 18 August until Tuesday 24 August I will be in Dortmund
Germany taking part in the Heavy Matter exhibition by the KHM Cologne
for ISEA. I will perform on 19 August and 23 August, and you can find
details of that performance on my website http://macumbista.net

See some of you there!
Best,
Derek

***

Heavy Matter
Exhibition and Panel
http://heavymatter.khm.de/

Westfalenforum Dortmund / Orchesterzentrum|NRW, Dortmund
20th to 29th of August 2010
Exhibition opening hours: daily 10:00-20:00

Opening @ Westfalenforum: Thursday 19 August 2010, 18:00
Performance evening @ Westfalenforum: Monday 23 August 2010, 20:00

At the turn of the 21st Century, new media has become a matter of course
and the technology of electronic data processing is constantly being
perfected. Just how immaterial is data really? Does it not carry a
certain amount of weight, after all? In the exhibition – developed by
students and members of the teaching staff of the KHM – the immaterial
is exposed as “Heavy Matter”. Heavy does matter: objectively, physically
and financially. Matter appears as an autonomous (disruptive) factor
between transmitter and receiver.

Exhibition with the participation of:

Céline Berger, Jongwon Choi, Tobias Daemgen, Anna Gonzalez Suero, Akiro
Hellgardt, Echo Ho/Lasse Scherffig, Derek Holzer, Hörner/Antlfinger,
Sion Jeong, Sunjha Kim, Theresa Krause, Karin Lingnau, Ji Hyun Park, Jun
Park, So Young Park, Laura Popplow, Martin Rumori, Miri Shin, Wonbaek
Shin, Tine Tillman

Locations

Orchesterzentrum|NRW
Brückstraße 47