[spectre] The Alternative Christmas list.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Tue Dec 21 14:40:20 CET 2010

(No apologies for cross posting this time)

The Alternative Christmas list.

This compilation has explored the Internet, Youtube & Vimeo discovering
various Alternative Christmas themes; some topical, some strange and
mostly fun...

Happy Alternative Christmas - if you wish to add to the list and
continue to share your own playful reflections on the theme of
Christmas, please add to the bottom of the list and redistribute :-)

Wishing you well Marc Garrett
http://www.furtherfield.org

Here goes.........................

Santa Claus Does Not Exist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ-Tfazyklk

The Jingle Cats. Venetian Sanres Track...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3lUzh6Fygg

Original Version of above/Jingle Cats White Christmas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZenBt8Q5KNM&feature=related

Frank Sidebottom - Christmas is Really Fantastic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM8qQ2LUeq8

Devo - Merry Something To You.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUKku3MhCPs

Tax protestors target Topshop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsJ_-HD3IlA

Cage Against The Machine - BUY NOW FOR XMAS NO 1!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYedTIMAf7E

Speedy Christmas Tree Arrangement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Go77-GluyU

Dan and Dan - Wikileaks Christmas Song 2010.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/clips/p00cpz3d/spout_wikileaks_christmas_song_2010/

Brighton and Hove's Rainbow Chorus singing Homophobia by Chumbawumba at
their World Aids Day concert in 2007.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubMZyxaKCm4

Carl Sagan The Planets 1977 RI Christmas Lectures (Part 1 1/6)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpIjXuKCQHg&feature=related

Merry Christmas From Bjork.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGn9EoGM3ts&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGn9EoGM3ts&feature=related

All I Want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague Away Kit (live).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na12OyJEgJ8

"We No Speak Americano" Wikileaks Theme – Wikileaks Song.
http://www.barackobamavideos.net/wikileaks-theme-wikileaks-song

Getting Home - after heavy snow Scotland 6/12/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTXeaNfnPk4&feature=related

The Fall - No Xmas for John Quays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnthgtwQ-ok

Aztec Camera - Walk Out To Winter (OGWT)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jGsWRA3Eko&feature=related

HYBRID KIDS we three kings 1980.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgkRXgftbow

Bing Crosby & David Bowie - The Little Drummer Boy / Peace On Earth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXjbI3kRus

THE RESIDENTS dumbo the clown (who loved christmas) 1979.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmdbPyu7ZsI

JONA LEWIE - STOP THE CAVALRY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hVEdE0O5tA&feature=related