[spectre] Lighthouse Monthly Talk: Mike Stubbs, 4 November 2010

Honor Harger honor at lighthouse.org.uk
Mon Nov 1 15:19:45 CET 2010

Dear Spectres,

We are pleased to announce that our next speaker
in the Lighthouse Monthly Talks series is Mike
Stubbs, director of FACT in Liverpool.

There's still tickets available for the talk, so
if you want to come, please visit
<http://www.lighthouse.org.uk/whatson/mikestubbs.htm>
to book.

I hope to see some of you in Brighton this Thursday.

Best wishes,

Honor Harger

Director
Lighthouse
http://www.lighthouse.org.uk

LIGHTHOUSE MONTHLY TALKS: MIKE STUBBS

Thursday 4 November 2010
6.30pm: Doors & Bar
7.00pm: Event start
At: Lighthouse, 28 Kensington St, Brighton BN1 4AJ
Entry: £3
Spaces are limited. To book please go to:
https://express.iristickets.co.uk:443/k?lighthouse

Lighthouse pleased to welcome Mike Stubbs as the
guest speaker of our November Monthly Talk. Mike
Stubbs is the director of the UK's most
significant art centre for media art and moving
image - the Foundation for Art and Creative
Technology (FACT) in Liverpool:
http://www.fact.co.uk

A a leading international voice in digital and
media art for two decades, FACT have consistently
pushed the boundaries of film, moving image and
media art, hosting landmark exhibitions and
screenings, and undertaking vital work in the
community. Their recent foray into television via
FACT TV <http://www.fact.tv>, will be one of the
projects Mike will discuss, in a talk that is
bound to be both informative and entertaining.

Prior to FACT, Mike Stubbs was head of
exhibitions at the Australian Centre for Moving
Image in Melbourne, and was the Founding Director
of Hull Time Based Arts.  He is also a practising
artist, who's work encompasses film, video, new
media installation, and performance.

Mike's talk will be an exciting opportunity for
those interested in filmmaking, broadcasting, and
digital art to hear about FACT's range of work,
from their pioneering community broadcasting
project, Tenant Spin, to their forthcoming
exhibition by television art legend, Nam June
Paik.

Lighthouse's Monthly Talks are held on the first
Thursday of each month, and feature key national
and international figures within digital culture
and film. The talks give audiences an opportunity
to engage with some of the most vibrant figures
within both the digital media and film sectors.

Lighthouse
<http://www.lighthouse.org.uk/about/who.htm> is a
leading arts agency in South East England
supporting, commissioning and showcasing new work
by digital artists and filmmakers. As well as
being a vibrant venue for events in Brighton,
Lighthouse produces professional development and
mentoring programmes, exhibitions, and events for
digital artists and filmmakers.

Lighthouse
Address: 28 Kensington Street, Brighton, BN1 4AJ, UK
Tel: +44 1273 647197
email: info at lighthouse.org.uk
http://www.lighthouse.org.uk