[spectre] An Interview with Dmytri Kleiner, authour of The Telekommunist Manifesto.An Interview with Dmytri Kleiner, authour of The Telekommunist Manifesto.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Sun Jun 12 11:34:26 CEST 2011

Sorry for any cross posting...

An Interview with Dmytri Kleiner, authour of The Telekommunist Manifesto.

"At the dawn of the new millennium, Net users are developing a much more
efficient and enjoyable way of working together: cyber-communism."
Richard Barbrook.

"Furtherfield recently received a hard copy of The Telekommunist
Manifesto in the post. After reading the manifesto, it was obvious that
it was pushing the debate further regarding networked, commons-based and
collaborative endeavours. It is a call to action, challenging our social
behaviours and how we work with property and the means of its
production. Proposing alternative routes beyond the creative commons,
and top-down forms of capitalism (networked and physical), with a
Copyfarleft attitude and the Telekommunist's own collective form of
Venture Communism. Many digital art collectives are trying to find ways
to maintain their ethical intentions in a world where so many are easily
diverted by the powers that be, perhaps this conversation will offer
some glimpse of how we can proceed with some sense of shared honour, in
the maelstrom we call life..."M.Garrett.

Dmytri Kleiner, authour of The Telekommunist Manifesto, is a software
developer who has been working on projects "that investigate the
political economy of the Internet, and the ideal of workers’
self-organization of production as a form of class struggle." Born in
the USSR, Dmytri grew up in Toronto and now lives in Berlin. He is a
founder of the Telekommunisten Collective, which provides Internet and
telephone services, as well as undertakes artistic projects that explore
the way communication technologies have social relations embedded within
them, such as deadSwap (2009) and Thimbl (2010).

http://www.furtherfield.org/features/interviews/interview-dmytri-kleiner-authour-telekommunist-manifesto