[spectre] OPENING INVITATION in Berlin - Tuesday June 28 from 7PM at the Haus der Kulturen der Welt

Les Rencontres Internationales info at art-action.org
Mon Jun 27 21:46:06 CEST 2011

Dear friends,
Tomorrow will start the Rencontres Internationales Paris/Berlin/Madrid
at the HKW.
Please read below more information. We definitly hope to meet you there!

------------------------------
>From June 28 to July 3, the 'Rencontres Internationales
Paris/Berlin/Madrid' will create a space of discovery and reflection
between new cinema and contemporary art in Berlin at the Haus der
Kulturen der Welt.
The whole event is in free entrance.

DETAILED PROGRAMME ON http://art-action.org

In the presence of artists and filmmakers from all over the world, the
event will propose an international programme of  film, video,
multimedia. It includes 24 screenings, a video exhibition and panel
discussions.
This year's programme was selected from 6000 submissions as well as by
invitations made to some artists and filmmakers.
It is the result of an elaborate international search for works: 150
works from Germany, France, Spain and 40 other  countries, gathering
internationally-known artists and filmmakers with young artists and
filmmakers presented in Berlin for  the first time.

SCREENINGS >>>
http://www.art-action.org/site/en/prog/11/berlin/prog_06_28.php
• Carte blanche given to Pedro Costa - Pedro Costa 'O nosso homem' (23',
Portugal, 2010), Jean-Marie Straub: 'O Somma Luce' (17’, France, 2009),
Manoel de Oliveira : 'A Caça' (22', Portugal, 1963).
• Carte blanche given to Antoni Muntadas - 'On Translation: Açik Radio'
(31', Spain/Turkey, 2010), Alphaville, e outros' (10', Spain/Brazil,
2011).
• Event. Sergio Caballero - 'Finisterrae' (80', Spain, 2010).
• Event. Ange Leccia - 'Nuit bleue' (86', France, 2009).
• Event. Mark Lewis (CA) - 'Backstory' (39', Canada/US, 2009).
• The newest work by Hans Op de Beeck - 'Sea of Tranquillity' (30',
Belgium, 2010).
• A new work by Ken Jacobs (US), 'A Loft'.
• The 2 latest films by Knut Asdam (NO), 'Abyss' et 'Tripoli'.

Among the artists screened: Almagul Menlibayeva (KZ), Ben Rivers (UK),
Matthias Müller and Christoph Girardet (DE), Eli Cortiñas Hidalgo (ES),
Jaan Toomik (EE), Liu Wei (CN), Vincent Meessen (BE), Erwin Olaf (NL),
Neil Beloufa (FR), Michel François (BE), Jordan Crandall (USA), Peter
Downsbrough (USA), Txuspo Poyo (ES), Teresa Solar Abboud (ES), Libia
Castro/Olafur Olafsson (ES/IS), Francis Naranjo (ES).

VIDEO EXHIBITION >>>
http://www.art-action.org/site/en/prog/11/berlin/prog_expo.php
''Fake Estates'' focuses on what is structuring a space and make us
desire to live in. From spaces and specific places, images underline or
rearticulate a political dimension, and appear as critical propositions
which answer to our time and history. 12 artists including: Armand Morin
(FR), Jaime Davidovich - Gordon Matta-Clark (ES/US), Carlos Irijalba
(ES), Jakob Gautel (FR/DE).

DEBATS / FORUM >>>
http://www.art-action.org/site/en/prog/11/berlin/prog_forum.php
Every day, artists, curators and independant organization directors will
introduce their work and talk with the audience.

Paris/Berlin/Madrid
In 2007, the Rencontres Internationales, which initially took place in
Paris and Berlin, opened up to a third city: Madrid.
This event now constitutes a unique artistic and cultural platform in
Europe for artists, professional networks and various audiences. The
venues in the three cities are in particular the Centre Pompidou, the
Haus der Kulturen der Welt in Berlin, the Reina Sofia National museum
and the Spanish Cinematheque in Madrid.
The 'Rencontres Internationales' reflects specificities and convergences
of artistic practices between new cinema and contemporary art, explores
emerging media art practices and their critical purposes, and makes
possible a necessary time where points of view meet and are exchanged.
The event aims at presenting works to a broad audience, at creating
circulations between different art practices and between different
audiences, as well as creating new exchanges between artists, filmmakers
and professionals.
It seeks to contribute to a reflection on our contemporary culture of
image via a compelling program opened to everyone.

DETAILED PROGRAMME ON http://art-action.org
Follow us on Facebook http://art-action.org/-facebook.htm
Follow us on Twitter http://art-action.org/-twitter.htm