[spectre] V2_Newsletter June 2011

V2_ joris at v2.nl
Wed May 25 16:53:40 CEST 2011

*V2_Newsletter June 2011*

V2_ is also on facebook <http://www.facebook.com/V2unstable> and twitter
<http://twitter.com/#%21/V2unstable>

*Test_Lab: Clothing without Cloth*
May 26, 20:00 -- 23:00 (Doors open at 19:30)
V2_, Eendrachtsstraat 10, Rotterdam
Admission: free

Witness Emily Crane prepare molecular cuisine 'garments' in front of
your very eyes; probe the speculative designs of Central Saint Martins'
Textile Futures ateliers with MA course director Carole Collet; join
Christien Meindertsma to question what happens when you harvest wool
from your own flock of sheep to then computationally knit your sweater;
test out high-tech laboratory-developed garments from Grado Zero Espace
and experience what it feels like to walk in Pauline van Dongen's
'printed' shoes made in collaboration with Freedom of Creation.

Guest curator: Valérie Lamontagne
http://www.v2.nl/events/clothing-without-cloth

*
Homage to Dick Raaymakers*
June 3, 20:30 -- 23:30
SMART Project Space, Arie Biemondstraat 111, Amsterdam
Admission: 9 Euro

SPSound presents: Homage to Dick Raaymakers. Kees Tazelaar, Johan van
Kreij and Ensemble 306 will present works of Raaymakers, with an
emphasis on his electronic works. The program opens with a short,
illustrated introduction about the critical significance of Raaymakers work.

http://www.v2.nl/events/homage-to-dick-raaymakers

*New Program Series: Blowup*
July 7, 20:00 -- 23:00
V2_, Eendrachtsstraat 10,Rotterdam
Admission: 5 Euro (Free for students and if you bring your cat)

Blowup is a new series of events and exhibitions that explore
contemporary questions from multiple viewpoints, curated by Michelle
Kasprzak. Blowup zooms in on ideas, bringing into focus clear pictures
of how art, design, philosophy, and technology are transforming our
lives -- or reinforcing the status quo. The first edition "Wild Things"
will take place at July 7, it will examine art and design projects that
are created with animals in mind as the end users and active
participants -- not people.

http://www.v2.nl/events/blowup

*Call for AR Artworks for ISMAR 2011*
October 2011

V2_ is organizing the exhibition for the 10th International Symposium on
Mixed and Augmented Reality in Basel, Switserland. ISMAR is the main
international conference about Mixed and Augmented Reality, mainly
connected to the scientific and industrial communities. The ambition of
V2_ is to connect artists to this academic context. For this exhibition
we are looking for new AR Artworks as well as new projects we can
develop together with the artists in the context of the V2_Lab. Please
check out the possibilities at:

http://www.v2.nl/events/ismar-2011

*Protei teams up in Rotterdam*
June -- September 2011

Next week the team that will build Protei 006 arrives in Rotterdam. We
are very proud to introduce the engineers, designers and collaborators
who will work on the development of the first full scale prototype of
Protei during summer 2011, here at V2_Lab.

http://www.v2.nl/lab/blog/protei-team-introduction