[spectre] V2_Newsletter December 2011

V2_ joris at v2.nl
Wed Nov 23 14:24:54 CET 2011

*V2_Newsletter December 2011*

V2_ is also on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/V2unstable> and Twitter
<http://twitter.com/#%21/V2unstable>
www.v2.nl

*Test_Lab: /Who Wants To Be...?/*
Thursday Dec 1, 2011
20:00 -- 23:00 | V2_, Eendrachtsstraat 10
Admission: 10 EUR | RSVP reservations at v2.nl

Test_Lab: /Who Wants to Be...?/ is a social experiment in the form of a
raucous game show developed by art collective /The People Speak/. All
visitors chip in 10 EUR in advance to enter the game, after which they
brainstorm, argue, and vote on how to spend the collective money.
Questions around value, worth and common ideals simmer under the surface
of this 'direct democratic game show'. Everything is possible in /Who
Wants To Be...?/ What is certain is that you will have a say in it.
Local politicians from /D66/ and /Leefbaar Rotterdam/ will be present.
RSVP reservations at v2.nl

http://www.v2.nl/events/test_lab-who-wants-to-be

*Blowup: /Show Me The Money/*
Friday Dec 2, 2011
20:00 - 23:00 | V2_, Eendrachtsstraat 10
Admission: 5 EUR (free in combination with Test_Lab and for students)

What pricetag do you put on priceless experiences and objects? Join us
in discussion getting to the root of notions of "value" and "culture"?
We focus on the finer points of how we think about culture and money,
and how we can get out of the losing argument with our austerity-minded
leaders. Guiding the conversation will be a cultural economist Diane
Ragsdale with experience both in Europe and the US, Hans Abbing, who is
an artist, economist and author of the book /Why Are Artists Poor/ and
Saul Albert representing /The People Speak/, who masterminded the /Who
Wants To Be...?/ gameshow.

http://www.v2.nl/events/blowup-show-me-the-money

*/The Politics of the Impure/ - Reading Group Amsterdam*
Thursday Dec, 15, 2011
19:00 -- 21:00 | SMART project space, Arie Biemondstraat 105-113, Amsterdam
Admission: free (reservation is required at reservations at v2.nl)

Get smart: Join the free /The Politics of the Impure/ reading group at
SMART project space in Amsterdam. Over the course of four meetings a
small group will discuss the various themes from the book in a
discussion format led by editor and author Arjen Mulder. Free to join,
complimentary refreshments, and participants receive a 5 EUR discount on
the book. Places limited, reserve early.

http://www.v2.nl/events/the-politics-of-the-impure-reading-group

*One Day Conference: /The Internet of Things/*
Friday December 9, 2011
09:00 -- 17:00 | V2_, Eendrachtsstraat 10
Admission: 65 EUR | RSVP through the website

V2_ is hosting the one day Conference /The Internet of Things/ organized
by Council and hybridLiving in collaboration with Designplatform
Rotterdam. This one day conference will bring together a variety of
researchers throughout the diverse disciplines. We will present and
discuss the current status of the Internet of Things for the effort to
articulate elements that will contribute to the actual, ongoing
development of home versus technology.

http://www.v2.nl/events/one-day-conference-the-internet-of-things