[spectre] CFP: 1st symposium on Balkan communication design histories (June 2012, Izmir TUR)

Andreas Broeckmann broeckmann at leuphana.de
Mon Apr 16 12:23:02 CEST 2012

From: Artun Ozguner <artun.ozguner at ieu.edu.tr>
Date: Apr 4, 2012
Subject: CFP: 1st symposium on Balkan communication design histories
(June 2012, Izmir TUR)

Izmir University of Economics, June 29 - 30, 2012
Deadline: Apr 5, 2012

2nd CALL FOR PARTICIPATION & NEW DEADLINE

This two-day symposium held at Izmir University of Economics, Turkey
(Faculty of Fine Arts and Design, Visual Communication Design
Department) in collaboration with Parsons, USA (School of Art and
Design History and Theory), intends to offer first insights on the yet
silent and poorly recorded histories of communication design in the
Balkan peninsula, focusing on the period from the late 19th century to
the present.

This second call is to remind that along with the general SYMPOSIUM
THEMES, our WORKSHOP THEMES have been announced in our web site as follows:

—————————————————————————————————
Theme 1: Local Identity, Global Crisis
Moderator: Fedja Vuki? (University of Zagreb, Croatia)

Theme 2: Visuality and Identity
Moderator: Bratislav Pantelic (Sabanc? University, Turkey)

Theme 3: Visualizing Histories / Overcoming Boundaries: New Methods in
Design History Research
Moderator: Jilly Traganou, co-moderator (Parsons, USA)

Theme 4: Perceptive Occupation and Control: Designing the Perception
of the Audience
Moderator: Basak Senova (Turkey)
—————————————————————————————————

Please note that our deadlines have also been updated:

EXTENDED DEADLINE for all abstracts: 5 April 2012
New date for Announcement of accepted participants: 25 April 2012

For more information, please visit our web site:
http://fadf.ieu.edu.tr/balkanlocusfocus/

Please contact us on:
balkanlocusfocus at ieu.edu.tr

Reference / Quellennachweis:
CFP: 1st symposium on Balkan communication design histories (June 2012,
Izmir TUR). In: H-ArtHist, Apr 4, 2012. <http://arthist.net/archive/2986>.

H-ARTHIST
Humanities-Net Discussion List for Art History
E-Mail-Liste für Kunstgeschichte im H-Net

Editorial Board Contact Address / Fragen an die Redaktion:
hah-redaktion at h-net.msu.edu

Submit contributions to / Beiträge bitte an: