[spectre] ADOPT A COMPOSTER

shu lea cheang shulea at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 15 16:56:54 CEST 2012

In this summer heat...

ADOPT A COMPOSTER - COMPOSTING THE CITY | COMPOSTING THE NET
www.compostingthecity.mobi
www.compostingthenet.net

reSource 002: Out of Place, Out of Time
22.08. - 24.08.2012
Opening: 22.08.2012, 15:00
Kunstraum Kreuzberg /Bethanien
Mariannenplatz 2, 10997 Berlin
www.transmediale.de/content/resource-002-out-place-out-time

As part of  reSource 002: 'Out of Place, Out of Time',  the second
event of the reSource transmedial culture berlin, COMPOSTING THE CITY
| COMPOSTING THE NET launches a six month composting cycle in which
(un)nature degenerative processing foregrounds a
consequential/sequential networked performance during transmediale
festival in February 2013.

COMPOSTING THE CITY | COMPOSTING THE NET examines the parallel
process of fermentation and deterioration of our daily food
consumption extra and our shared digital commons -  the discarded
food scrapes reinvested;  the immaterial wealth/junk of net data
recovered. The food scraps thrown onto a compost heap are layered and
mingled until all traces of identities erased. On the net, the
abundance of info-data sinks into oblivion with tags attached.  While
Berlin city boasts itself ECO-BIO-CHIC, it maintains a
not-so-successful food waste bin system which the urbanites seldom
utilize. During August 22 - 24 project launch at  Kunstraum Kreuzberg
/Bethanien, Berlin, COMPOSTING THE CITY calls for Berliners to
'ADOPT-A-COMPOSTER" (a la ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY). 12 composting units where
worms and sensors live off and check in on the maturing of rotten
makeover are to be adopted, claimed, maintained and blogged for the 6
month cycle.

To ADOPT-A-COMPOSTER
sign on at
www.compostingthecity.mobi
or write to
now at compostingthecity.mobi

* We urge particularly residents of Kreuzberg, Berlin to adopt a
composter set in Berthanian garden and on the net.  A transmediale
2013 festival pass is granted after the completion of 6 month adopt
cycle.

* To adopt a composter during reSource opening on August 22, please
bring your vegetable scrapes to
Bethanian gathering.