[spectre] Video of Invisible Forces at Furtherfield Gallery June 16th 2012.

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Fri Jun 29 15:24:53 CEST 2012

Sorry for any cross posting...

Video of Invisible Forces at Furtherfield Gallery June 16th 2012.

http://vimeo.com/44856163

This video was taken at Invisible Forces opening event at Furtherfield
Gallery, Finsbury Park. Video by Pablo Robertson de Unamuno

Featuring artists: Class Wargames, Kimathi Donkor, The Hexists, Laura
Oldfield Ford, IOCOSE, Dave Miller, Edward Picot, Olga P Massanet &
Thomas Cade Aston, and YoHa (Graham Harwood & Matsuko Yokokoji).

Our social, economic and cultural institutions are being dismantled.
Control over the provision of social care, urban and rural development,
and education is being ceded to the market facilitated by unseen
technological and bureaucratic systems.

Undeterred, the artists in this exhibition meet the challenges that
ensue with clear eyes, spontaneity, experimentation and a sense of
adventure. This selection of installations, digital video, net art,
painting and drawings deal with conspiracy, money, politics and hidden
signals.

As we scan our cultures for maps, role-models, possible ways of living
in today's world, we often encounter images of society that are created
by its hidden, controlling forces. By naming, revealing, tracking,
playing, making, subverting and transforming tools, circumstances and
figures that give rise to current crises we enlarge the debate and
extend our freedoms. And the artists in this exhibition offer examples
of just some of the ways in which this might be done.

http://www.furtherfield.org/programmes/exhibition/invisible-forces

--
Other Info:

Furtherfield - A living, breathing, thriving network
http://www.furtherfield.org - for art, technology and social change
since 1997

Also - Furtherfield Gallery&  Social Space:
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

About Furtherfield:
http://www.furtherfield.org/content/about

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield