[spectre] V2_Newsletter December 2012

V2_ joris at v2.nl
Wed Nov 21 13:15:25 CET 2012

*V2_Newsletter December 2012*
V2_ is also on facebook <http://www.facebook.com/V2unstable> and twitter
<http://twitter.com/V2unstable>
www.v2.nl

*eTextile Sweatshop*
Various Workshops and marsterclasses: November 21 -- 28
V2_, Eendrachtsstraat 10, Rotterdam

To support artists working with eTextiles, V2_ installs a temporary
workshop space exclusively dedicated to the production of eTextiles. We
bring together rapid prototyping machines typically found in so-called
Fablabs with machines common to the production of textiles. *Official
opening: Tonight (Nov 21 17:00-18:00).**
*
Besides open access to artists working with eTextiles, V2_ is offering
an extensive workshop and masterclass program. In this program, leading
artists, expert users, and creative communities dealing with eTextiles
will transfer their skills and expertise. Check the program at:

http://www.v2.nl/events/etextile-sweatshop

*Test_Lab: eTextile Sweatshop*
November 29 | 20:00 -- 22:00
V2_, Eendrachtsstraat 10, Rotterdam

This edition of Test_Lab, marking the end of V2_'s week-long eTextile
Sweatshop, will demonstrate how easing access to facilities and
promoting the sharing of skills can stimulate innovation and good
practice in the arts.

With: Betsy Greer (US) | Andreas Köhler (DE) | Ebru Kurbak (TR) | Irene
Posch (AT) | Po-Ting Lee (TW) | Maartje Dijkstra (NL) | Karla Spiluttini
(AT) | Piem Wirtz (NL) | eTextile Workspace | Ultimaker |Snijlab | and
others.

http://www.v2.nl/events/test_lab-etextile-sweatshop

*Blowup: Speculative Realities*
December 8 -- January 12
Roodkapje, Meent 121-133 Rotterdam

This edition of Blowup will examine the how and the why of speculative
realism, object-oriented ontology and artistic practice. Three new art
commissions examine different aspects of object-oriented ontology (OOO),
such as a non-human-centered view of the world, and the limits of
knowledge. An e-book of interviews with artists and thinkers, released
with a short talk at the exhibition finissage, will round out the
program and provide insights into the relationship between this exciting
turn in philosophy and contemporary art and design.

http://www.v2.nl/events/blowup-speculative-realities

*Bring Your Own Beamer*
January 11, 2013 | 20:00 -- 03:00
Roodkapje, Meent 121-133 Rotterdam

Bring Your Own Beamer (BYOB) is a series of one-night-exhibitions
hosting artists and their projectors. Media platforms Telesync, V2_ and
CrossLab are hosting BYOB Rotterdam 2013 the 11th of January at
Roodkapje Event Space.
Do you wish to showcase your work at BYOB Rotterdam? Want to be part of
this exclusive event? Browse to our website and fill in the form, we
will contact you regarding the invitation.

http://www.v2.nl/events/bring-your-own-beamer-rotterdam

*Po-Ting Lee back at V2_*

Taiwanese artist Po-Ting Lee is back at V2_Lab for the final part of his
residency. In Rotterdam he is collaborating with Maartje Dijkstra on the
realization of their project called Obstruction. They will present the
project at Test_Lab: eTextiel Sweatshop. The residency of Po-Ting Lee is
part of a collaboration between V2_Lab and the National Taiwan Museum of
Fine Arts.

http://www.v2.nl/lab/blog/po-ting-lee-back-in-rotterdam-for-final-part-of-his-residency

*Palm Top Theater: Open Call for Content*

We challenge all you makers out there to produce and share new content
for Palm Top Theater, the device that transforms your iPhone into a
3D-theater in the palm of your hand. Product and browser app will be
launched in Japan in November 2012.

http://www.v2.nl/lab/blog/palm-top-theater-open-call-for-content