[spectre] 0'00" (4'33" No.2) «solo to be performed in any way by anyone» John Cage 1962

Franck Ancel ancelfranck at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 12:17:52 CEST 2012

/0'00"/(/4'33" /No.2)
«solo to be performed in any way by anyone»John Cage 1962

Let space fill up your empty time as you wish, at the same time as for us!
We hope you will be free to be with us at a distance on Wednesday,
October 24, 2012 at 4:33 pm!

We look forward to seeing you.
Exactly 50 years after the creation by Yoko Ono /0'00''/(/4'33"/No. 2),
the part of John Cage on silence, October 24, 1962 and the centenary of
his birth in 2012.

«The first /4'33''/, concerns one or more musicians who do not produce
sounds. The second, /0'00''/, indicates that one obligation towards
others must be completed, in part or in full, by one single person.»
John Cage(*)

>From the Meditation Space built by Tadao Ando- in thegardens of UNESCO
in Paris, we suggest that you listen the silence in the noise around you
exactly at 4 hours and 33 minutes (Paris afternoon time **): this is
"the obligation with respect to others that we propose to fill", it's
free only for you and does not concern a museum, gallery or an art center.

John Cage is /Au delà du coup de dés/as analyzed Daniel Charles, a text
to read in an e-book (***).

Yves Klein dreamed of a performance without actors or public. Well, we
invite you to a global and connected performance, no Internet or mobile
phone, but together with you, straight away.

We appreciate your forwarding this invitation and being yourself,
creating silence in the heart of the sounds of the world, opening the
space inside of you to meditate with us and have this unique encounter.

For an upcoming collection, a trace of the amplification of this
meditation from this space in Paris will be recorded for /The noise of
conversation./

Feel free to participate and make it your own, this invitation on social
networks with the hashtag #cage100

This is an event "Silence the Noise" which extends from 2012 to 2013 for
the project of an edition-installation-perfomance /Sounds Prism/soon to
come.

Space & Love

Facebook event _https://www.facebook.com/events/403225199746508/_
Many thanks to Señiorita Fritz for correcting US translation.

(*) John Cage, /For the Birds/, in conversation with Daniel Charles,
Belfond, Paris, 1976.
(**) Paris time. _http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com
<http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/>_
(***) /0000 a/performance-installation-edition from Stéphane Mallarmé's
Book._
http://www.gravitons-editions.com/fr/projets-collaboratifs/1-du-livre-de-mallarme-au-livre-mal-arme.html_