[spectre] Commodify Us: Our Data Our Terms.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Tue Aug 13 12:59:48 CEST 2013

Hi Heath,

Very true, and your suggestion is closer to my original text.

However, I decided to not include other information regarding the
'political and military contexts', in such a literal way.

Thus leaving room the project 'Commodify.Us' itself, to breath on its
own terms, rather than me imposing my own overall political intentions
onto it. I think the article would of suffered...

The project is about approaching radical economies as a 'positive' and
cultural shift which demonstrates how (some) contemporary Hacktivists
are developing software that offer realistic infrastrucutures, based
around service. And through this process inspires actual legacy as part
of an emancipatory process for those who may not be part of a typical
activist tendency, but wishing to find a way in somehow.

Wishing you well, as always…

marc

--
--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield – online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery – Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield