[spectre] Commodify Us: Our Data Our Terms.

heath bunting heath at irational.org
Tue Aug 13 14:30:07 CEST 2013

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013, marc garrett wrote:

marc

> Very true, and your suggestion is closer to my original text.
>
> However, I decided to not include other information regarding the 'political
> and military contexts', in such a literal way.
>
> Thus leaving room the project 'Commodify.Us' itself, to breath on its own
> terms, rather than me imposing my own overall political intentions onto it. I
> think the article would of suffered...
>
> The project is about approaching radical economies as a 'positive' and
> cultural shift which demonstrates how (some) contemporary Hacktivists are
> developing software that offer realistic infrastructures, based around
> service. And through this process inspires actual legacy as part of an
> emancipatory process for those who may not be part of a typical activist
> tendency, but wishing to find a way in somehow.
>
> Wishing you well, as always…

cool

one last point to add though

both facebook and its adversaries make the fundamental mistake
of concentrating on persons through which an impression of the
system can be derived (each person, if a conformist, is an
imperfect model of the system)

why not go straight for the system ?

unless, of course, the goal is to identify and codify informal
or unlawful sections of the system which can only be mined
through personal activities

anyhow, all power to those fighting the unlawful organised-crime network
not commonly known as the United States Empire

heath