[spectre] Networked Book News

Turbulence.org turbulence at turbulence.org
Mon Sep 2 20:28:31 CEST 2013

Networked Book News

New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc. is thrilled to announce (1) "In Production (A Narrative Inquiry on Interactive Art)" by Nathaniel Stern and (2) a Czechoslovakian translation of "Remix and the Rouelles of Media Production." Both are chapters in Networked: a (networked_book) about (networked_art) http://networkedbook.org.

In Production (A Narrative Inquiry on Interactive Art)
by Nathaniel Stern
http://stern.networkedbook.org

"In Production (A Narrative Inquiry on Interactive Art)" is a free, digital companion chapter to "Interactive Art and Embodiment: The Implicit Body as Performance" (2013, an Arts Future Book with Gylphi Press).

"In the book, I argue that interactive art suspends and amplifies the ways in which we experience embodiment as per-formed, relational, and emergent. I provide many in-depth case studies of contemporary artworks that develop a practice of embodied philosophy, setting a stage to explore how we inter-act and relate with the world. I offer a critical framework for analyzing interactive artworks and what’s at stake in our encounters with them, which can be applied to a wide range of complex and emerging art forms. Here bodies, matter, and their matters, are implicated as always unfolding and enfolded to make what is. At stake is the rehearsal of that making, the ways we perform our bodies, media, concepts, and materials." Continue reading at http://stern.networkedbook.org.

Nathaniel Stern is an Associate Professor of Art and Design in Peck School of the Arts at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, and a Research Associate at the Research Centre, Faculty of Art, Design, and Architecture, University of Johannesburg.

"Remix and the Rouelles of Media Production"
Multiple Authors
http://remix.networkedbook.org
"remix a mediální produkce"
Tanslated by Pavla Stejskalová