[spectre] Please take action on this petition !

Séamas Cain seamascain at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 22:00:01 CEST 2014

_____________________________________

*A petition to Frances Fitzgerald,*
*Irish Minister for Justice and Equality,*
*demanding a full Gardaí [police] investigation*
*into the mass grave of children*
*in Tuam, County Galway, Ireland ...*

We, the undersigned, call for a judicial investigation into the
circumstances surrounding the deaths of 796 children whose bodies lie in a
mass grave in Tuam, County Galway, Ireland.

We understand that the children died while they were in the custody of the
Bon Secours Sisters between approximately 1925 and 1961.

We are concerned that evidence suggests that the mortality rate for these
children was significantly higher than the national rate of infant
mortality at the time.  And we are shocked at reliable, contemporaneous
accounts that the children were malnourished and seemingly uncared-for,
when the Irish State was paying the Bon Secours to look after them.

We request that the investigation begin at the earliest possible date and
that the final report is made public, in full, when it is complete.

We also request that any individual or organization which fails to
co-operate fully, and in a timely fashion, with the investigation should be
charged with the obstruction of justice.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Frances_Fitzgerald_Irish_Minister_for_Justice_and_Equality_A_full_Gardai_investigation_into_the_mass_grave_in_Tuam_Co_Ga/?tyZJhbb