[spectre] crisisRus in Berlin - open call

shu lea cheang shulea at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 3 09:07:16 CEST 2014

OPEN CALL for Berlin-based electroDIY, femmeWIZ,
homeMAKERS, mommieDEAREST, transSISTERS,
diehardACTIVISTS, closetHACKERS, radioBOOMERS,
sonicNOISERS to join CrisisRus' workshops -
modifing pots&pans for electro-Cacerolazo
noisemaking and wiring up miniFM transmitters for
short range radio broadcast.

OPEN CALL for participants to join informal round
table strategy discussion on crises faced by the
women living in Berlin in everyday life. Our
topics include the precariousness of living and
working spaces threatened by rising rents and
displacement; the restrictive laws that limit and
nullify the living space and movement for
refugees and asylum seekers. Bring your crisis,
your needs and interests, together we hope to
address the possible strategies and practices in
coping with crises.

CrisisRus "NETWORK | RE:WORK"
http://crisisrus.laptopsrus.me
#crisisrus

Alpha nova-kulturwerkstatt & Galerie futura
Am Flutgraben 3, 12435 Berlin
14:00-18:00, multi-station workshops
14: 00-15: 30, informal round table "crisis""
20:00-21:00, live performance with radio streams
October 25, 2014

LaptopsRus in collaboration with reboot.fm
presents the 4th edition of CrisisRus with
workshops and performance at Alpha
nova-kulturwerkstatt & Galerie futura in Berlin
on October 25, 2014.

LaptopsRus is a self-organized open-participatory
platform engaged in networking woman live
performers. Prompted by the prolonging economic
crisis as manifested in global Cacerolazo (dubbed
global noise) where protesters bang on pots and
pans while marching, we launched CrisisRus
"NETWORK | RE:WORK" bringing together woman
performers, homemakers, nomads, artists,
activists to manifest woman work force and
resilient capacity in these time of personal,
political and economical crisis.

Alpha nova-kulturwerkstatt & galerie promotes the
interaction of artistic, theoretical and
political practices with an explicit
gender-critical perspective.
As part of CrisisRus' workshop sessions and
performance, we hold an informal round-table
discussion (to be recorded) on relating the
experiences and the coping with crises. Teaming
up with Berlin-based free art radio, reboot.fm,
crisisRus holds workshops on making DIY
electronics and miniFM transmitters. Bring your
defunct pots and pans, your soldering irons, your
boomboxes, we provide parts and wires for
electronic modification. Through mutual learning
and teaching, we turn pots and pans into
electro-noisemaking apparatus. The miniFM radio
workshop demonstrates the possibilities of
signaling crisis by short-range radio
transmission. These workshops are free of charge.
You get to take home your own DIY/DIWO devices.

The Workshop participants are encouraged to take
part in the evening performance where we bring
together sonic amplification, video documents and
recorded conversation on crises and strategies
for a grand electro Cacerolazo. The audience are
invited to voice their own views with pots, pans
and via megaphones. The live performance will be
streamed live on reboot.fm

To register for the workshops/roundtable, write to
now at laptopsrus.me

We invite remote participation - to upload crisis banners and videos
crisisrus.laptopsrus.me

Join by facebook
facebook.com/events/390533944430632/

laptopsrus.me
with Maite Cajaraville,_Shu Lea Cheang &_Lucía Egaña Rojas

reboot.fm
with Diana McCarty

alpha-nova-kulturwerkstatt.de
with Anne Kohl &  Katharina Koch