[spectre] tonight opening Aksioma Ljubljana

Annie Abrahams bram.org at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 09:59:02 CEST 2014

Annie Abrahams Solo exhibition
21 October – 7 November 2014,
Aksioma Project Space, Ljubljana
Tuesday, 21 October at 20h / opening and presentation.

Production: CONA  institute for contemporary art processing
Gallery partner: Aksioma – Institute for Contemporary Art
Residency partner: JSKD and French Institute

The works presented in the exhibition Mie Lahkoo Pomagate? (can you help
me?) investigate different attitudes toward language and problematize how
its expressivity is structured when placed in a new environment.

The created pieces have an open structure and can be understood as a sort
of “hacking”, through which another sphere of what used to be called net
art is opened. This other zone is no longer caught in the virtual world, it
does not examine its imprints on reality, but cuts through the space of
in-betweenness, the real / the virtual, past / present. It calls for a
responsible, watchful, and careful entering, reading, acting, reacting,
even when we are becoming a witness of a past event, when we are
interpreting offered materials, combining, connecting, and understanding
them.

More information :
http://aabrahams.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/mie-lahkoo-pomagate-can-you-help-me/

Please come along if you are in Ljubljana
///

I am also very happy that my book is out :
Annie Abrahams: from estranger to e-stranger
Living in between languages October 2014

The book, 98 pages, is available in print on demand (soft cover)
http://www.lulu.com/shop/annie-abrahams/from-estranger-to-e-stranger/paperback/product-21808647.html
and as a free .pdf copy
http://www.cona.si/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/from_estranger_to_e_stranger.pdf
or