[spectre] Call for entries: ://self-imaging - a show for Peace

artNET the-network at koeln.de
Tue Jun 2 09:54:23 CEST 2015

Call for entries
Deadline: 30 September 2015

://self~imaging
a show for Peace - a show for Humanity
artists show face against
Intolerance, Racism, Xenophobia and Anti-Semitism
exhibition project 2016/2017

is looking for artists who show face!!

2006/2007, the Cologne based media artist and curator Wilfried Agricola de Cologne was realising the exhibition project
://selfportrait - a Show for Bethlehem - a show for Peace
in Palestine (Bethlehem), Italy (Naples) , Poland (Szczecin) and Argentina (Santa Fe & Rosario)

The documentation and the online part of this project - are now relaunched online on - http://self.engad.org

There are good reasons to do so, because - 10 years later in 2016/2017, I would like to realise another exhibition featuring artists showing face via their selfportraits - this time against Intolerance, Racism, Xenophobia and Antisemitism.

During the years 1995-1998, Agricola de Cologne was realising the Memorial Project
"A Virtual Memorial - Memorial project against the Forgetting, Racism, Xenophobia & Ant-Semitism
http://alm.a-virtual-memorial.org, which has been presented 43 times in Poland, Germany, Czech Republik and Belgium.

We live currently in a world which is marked by nationalistic, fundamentalist political developments and an increasing intolerance and inhumanity against different minded, people coming from different cultures, practicing different religions, following different ideologies, refugees, persecuted and expelled who need the solidarity of those who are able to show solidarity - think of the refugee desaster in the Mediterranean, IS terror in Middle East, Africa , Asia or Ukraine - think of the political nationalist right wing movements in France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany or elsewhere - threatening our democracy and its values, but also the diversity of our natural habitat in an era of dramatically vanishing species and the misuse of the Creation by the humans on Earth.

A society is as good as how it treats its minorities, the poor and weak and all those needing our protection.

Artists are invited to show face in favour of a society practicing humanity and solidarity by submitting a selfportrait which may be executed in different artistic media, and
participate in the new exhibition to be planned for 2016/2017 to be presented in different venues and countries

://self~imaging - a show for Peace - a show for Humanity
artists show face against Intolerance, Racism, Xenophobia and Anti-Semitism
http://self.engad.org/2016/

More details und regulations on
http://www.nmartproject.net/netex/?p=6510

artvideoKOELN international
directed by Wilfried Agricola de Cologne
http://artvideo.koeln
artvideokoeln (at) gmail.com