[spectre] Computer Club Algorave at Access Space

Jake Harries jakeharries at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 16:33:43 CET 2015

Computer Club Algorave

Friday, 20 March 2015, 8pm - 1am

Computer Club (http://www.computer-club.it/) , Algorave (
http://algorave.com/) and Access Space (https://www.facebook.com/accessspace)
are joining forces in this great collaboration. Come celebrate the 2nd
release on Computer Club with live coding pioneer yaxu (http://yaxu.org/)
aka Alex McLean and special guests. Computer Club are DJ and label manager
Sheffield Bleep (Chris Smith) and Human (Nick Bax, formerly of Designers
Republic). We are expecting a full house for this special event and all
proceeds will go to Access Space!

Book your £6 tickets here (
http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/computer-club-algorave-tickets-15515030875)

Like everyone on PC Music, Lil Data (https://soundcloud.com/pcmus/sup)
takes fun seriously. His debut EP "sup" is a journey through quirky
glitched euphoria. A bit of a mysterious figure, we are not sure exactly
what he will be doing at Computer Club but there will be some algorithms
involved.

Canute (http://canute.lurk.org/) are an improvised algorithmic techno duo
made up of Algorave founders yaxu and Yee-King. Yee-King (Matthew Yee-King)
is an old skool drill 'n bass producer. His classic album SuperUser on
Rephlex recently placed at #32 in FACT magazine's top 100 IDM albums. For
Computer Club he will be playing live processed drums, including triggering
some wacked-out evolved sounds. yaxu (Alex McLean) live codes with his own
Tidal (http://tidal.lurk.org/) language, making algorithmic, broken rhythms
that you'll be hearing more of on his solo Computer Club EP. He is also one
third of the live coding band Slub.

Norah Lorway (http://norahlorway.com/) 's LPs are dark and ambient, but her
live Algorave ** Access Space, Sheffield, UKsets (
https://soundcloud.com/norahlo/fierce-festival-algorave-club-fierce-excerpt)
are multilayered, dynamic, live coded techno.

Hellocatfood (http://www.hellocatfood.com/) is Antonio Roberts, glitch
artist and curator of international reknown. For the Computer Club Algorave
he will be live coding (and glitching) algorithmic visuals, using a range
of languages and hacks.
Computer Club Algorave is part of a series of relaunch events at Access
Space and supported by Sound and Music, the national agency for new music.
More events to be announced soon.

Also booking:
Live Coding with Tidal Workshop lead by Alex McLean
Tuesday, 17 March 2015, 6:30 - 9:30
More info here (https://www.facebook.com/events/721290144653737)

Access Space
3-7 Sidney Street
Sheffield, South Yorkshire S1 4RG
UK
w: access-space.org
t: 0114 2495522
e: jake at access-space.org

--

All the best
Jake

Please note I work part time at Access Space - usually Tuesdays and
Thursdays

Jake Harries, Creative Producer
www.access-space.org  +44(0)114 249 5522
@accessspace facebook.com/accessspace