[spectre] LONDON TOPOPHOBIA 11 /// MAY 14TH /// HACKNEY OVAL

CH charlie_hope1 at yahoo.com
Sat May 9 16:11:36 CEST 2015

​
LONDON TOPOPHOBIA is an artist-led group running performance events in London.

We have been alive for two years and will mark our second birthday with LTOPO11 on the 14th May.

We are a group of artists, working with sound/music composition, choreography/dance research and performance, performance art, electronics and light/sound installation.

London Topophobia is a meeting point for makers to share and air performance works at different points in the creative process. It exists both as a useful point of departure for artists, and as an alternative take on what the London performance art scene has to offer in the current political and economic climate.

As part of our Nomadic series, we will be taking over an exciting off-the-radar space in Hackney to host an extra special night of performances.

Doors 7.30

£6

More info: www.londontopophobia.com & here.

The address will be posted the day before the event.

LINE UP:

Lucy Railton

Cellist Lucy Railton presents a solo improvised set exploring the sonic extremes of her instrument. Always heavily amplified, her live performances focus on the collision of dense, complex sound worlds and close frequency interference.

Snapped Ankles

(Paddy Austin, Michael Chestnutt, Giorgio Zampirolo)

‘New Wave Stories’

Snapped Ankles present 3 percussionists triggering 3 films from the late 60's in France, Czech and Japan that define the New Cinema of the time. Each film mixes violence and absurdity in cinematically original ways and this Snapped Ankles performance will create a new audio visual story by playing the film clips as a collage.

Ina Dokmo, Fernanda Muñoz-Newsome, Charlie Hope and Ivan Lapse

‘Imagined Futures’

Imagined Futures is a study of dualism, repetition and pattern, rhythm and connection, superimposed on an image of what the future might hold.

As we shift through visual and felt realities, moving back and forth between the physical and imagined realms, how do we look to the future and with what curiosity must we continue?

Moving along a scale reaching from molecular structure, to the double helix’s extension into the predicted and unpredictable future, we meet together in a displaced forever changing landscape, the landscape of the body, both inside and out.

Saul Ham

'A Future Riot in a modular City’

A work in progress, a documentary film about a building in which I lived and worked from 2009 to 2014.

The film explores Silwex House, the building’s change over time, and how its deteriorating state and uncertain future opened up spaces for increasingly more transient people to occupy a piece of prime real estate within the city, from pattern cutting sweatshops to artists, then squatters and eventually a Premier Inn hotel.

Jamie Hamilton and Phillip Granell

Composition, violin and electronics

Michael Harding, Jonah Brody, Charlie Hope and Nick Owen

‘Removal Men’

A performance of music from Removal Men, a musical about security officers from an immigration removal centre who learn self help and art techniques and want to start performing for an audience.