[spectre] Antw: Re: on Hungary

heath bunting heathbunting at irational.org
Sat Apr 14 22:27:45 CEST 2018

alexander

> We Easterners imagine, at least we like to believe, that in the western societies, lets stick to the formerly
> mentioned ones: Germany and UK -  freedom of speech, (nearly) independent media (from right wing to left wing media
> which can be purchased in the whole country), (nearly) independent jurisdiction, (nearly) independent educationally
> system (including art academies), (nearly) independent science funding system (including the funding of art),
> independent, does exist, is accepted, appreciated and lived by a majority of citizens.

as an artist in the west [uk], i am denied free travel [banned from USA];
denied state benefits [unemployment money]; denied full access to the
internet [my computers are regularly destroyed]; denied justice [i have
been framed by uk security services as planting a fake bomb in an
airport]; i have had multiple pieces of my artwork permanently destroyed
by uk security services; i have been arrested dozens of times by the uk
police for my artwork; and told by uk security services that they now
consider artists their global primary adversary.

why do you think uk artists enjoy visiting central and eastern european
countries ? i was in Croatia the other week - it was like a paradise for
me - the uk is the most survielled country in the world.

hope all is well

heath