[spectre] CALL FOR PAPERS AND SOUND PERFORMANCES - CONFERENCE OF THE CENTRAL EUROPEAN SOCIETY FOR SOUNDSCAPE ECOLOGY 2018

Darko Fritz darko at darkofritz.net
Thu Jun 14 21:00:26 CEST 2018

CONFERENCE OF THE CENTRAL EUROPEAN SOCIETY FOR SOUNDSCAPE ECOLOGY 2018

OPEN CALL FOR PAPERS AND SOUND PERFORMANCES
AT THE FOUNDING CONFERENCE OF THE CESSE

CESSE  Conference  #1 is dedicated  to the establishment of a new organization for convening and coordinating energies towards the improvement and saving of our region’s soundscapes. Keywords are: contemporary art, science and technology, focusing on livability and sustainability.
The Society will be part of the worldwide activities coordinated and guided by World Forum of Acoustic Ecology (WFAE). We will concentrate on the Central European region, specifically: Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, but the conference is open for all.

28th November – 1st December  2018.
Organized by
Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design, Budapest (MOME)
With the contribution of
Budapest Music Center (BMC) & Spatial Sound Institute (SSI, NL/H)

WE WOULD WELCOME CONTRIBUTIONS ON

Acoustic ecology
Acoustic space and psychoacoustics
Acoustic communities
Audio archives
Bioacoustics
Creation of positive soundscapes
Ecological psychoacoustics
Ecoacoustics
Environmental aesthetics
Environmental health
Environmental politics (policy/legislation)
Field recording – related composition (soundscape, electroacoustic, acoustic, improvisation)
Heritage and memory of sound
Pauline Oliveros - her heritage
Policies for noise control
Social, cultural and environmental sustainability
Sonic perception
Sound art (as public art)
Sound communities
Sound, place and identity
Soundscape ecology

and other related issues

SUBMISSION

Papers: CV + an abstract of max. 1000 characters.

Musical and sound works / videos:
CV + mp3/.ogg/.flac and/or URL, + a list of technical needs.
Please contact us at the following email address
cesse at mome.hu <mailto:cesse at mome.hu><mailto:cesse at mome.hu <mailto:cesse at mome.hu>>

Deadline for applications is July 31th of 2018.
Please note we can only schedule papers or works where at least one of the authors has registered for the conference.

Homepage
https://cesse.mome.hu/ <https://cesse.mome.hu/>

--
HAJNÓCZY Csaba