[spectre] Conference on sound, ecology, and media culture: The Global Composition 2018

Sabine Breitsameter, Prof. sbreitsameter at snafu.de
Sun Sep 16 21:19:20 CEST 2018

“The Global Composition” will take place from 4-7 October 2018 on Media Campus Dieburg/Darmstadt UAS, near Frankfurt.

http://international-media-culture.eu/global-composition-2018

Our keynote speakers and their themes:

·         Milena Droumeva (Simon Fraser University, Burnaby/Canada), Gendered Ecologies. Voice in Game Soundscapes

·         Maria Klatte (University of Kaiserslautern/Germany), Effects of Noise on Cognitive Performance in Children. Where do we stand?

·         Walter Tilgner (Independent Artist, Allensbach/Germany), Recording European Biotopes. Environmental sounds, ecology and the culture of listening

One of our major aims is to balance cognitive approaches and the practices of listening. Therefore, we have not only keynote lectures in our program but also keynote workshops:

http://international-media-culture.eu/global-composition-2018/keynotes-and-program/keynote-workshops

Besides this, we’ll have numerous high quality papers and artistic presentations by our conference participants.

To mention some major topics: migration, VR audio/3D audio, queerness, media aesthetic education.

We’ll, too, celebrate the 25th anniversary of the World Forum of Acoustic Ecology (WFAE) with a participatory social sculpture during the upcoming conference!

 In an effort to create this social sculpture, we kindly ask you to help us find material from "The Tuning of the World: The First International Conference on Acoustic Ecology" that took place on August 1993 in Banff, Canada. The material needed for this celebration can be in any format. If you have been part of this founding event and have still kept anything of this conference, or know of someone that might, please contacts us via: theglobalcomposition at gmail.com.

On our website you’ll find practical instructions for accommodation, registration, and travel.

We would be glad if you could distribute this info within your network.

Looking forward to your visit,

Thanks and herzlich,

Sabine

Prof. Sabine Breitsameter

Sound und Medienkultur/Sound and Media Culture

Leitung/Director of Master International Media Cultural Work (IMC)

Soundscape- & Environmental Media Lab/3D Audio and Fulldome Media Research

Fachbereich Media/Department of Media

Hochschule Darmstadt/Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences

Mediencampus Dieburg

Max Planck-Str. 2

64807 Dieburg, Germany

https://imc.mediencampus.h-da.de