[spectre] Please publish- invitation to artists to participate in a performance in Venice

suncica sunci.on.stage at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 10:08:25 CEST 2019

*Dear Spectre*

My name is Sunci (Suncica Kuzmanic Perisin Tomljanovic) Im a
Croatian-British artist realizing an independent / guerrilla -project
/perofmance ," A coffee in Venice" during the Biannale opening,  week ,3-9
May 2019.  From 8 am -12 am (possibly longer into the afternoon) in Venice,
At Florian’s bar, on St Marks Square. For this performance I will to paint
from life- portraits of artists who are exhibiting in Venice during this
biennale.

 The intention is to paint a collection of portraits of living contemporary
artists working in Europe this year. The portraits I will collect  during a
series  of performances , conducted in the same way in a number of cities
hosting large art exhibitions, when the collection of portraits of artists
becomes substantial- it will be exhibited.

My art practice is about exploring, and documenting for the future, the
story of contemporary peoples. I work on numerous conceptual projects
trough which I investigate the lives and passions of groups of people,
interactive performance is a part of my method- and painting is often an
end product / document .

Artists I feel,  often are sort of hidden by the limelight of their art
works- I have always loved portraits of artists by their friends- and I
would like on this most fun and visited event of the art year,  to actually
document the artists who create the biennale expirence-  offer  them a
moment of tranquility in which they relax have a coffee with me, and become
a muse of an art work them self. The performance I have already conducted
in Split, and will conduct in Athens in June around the dates of the Desde
foundation openings, during Fireze in London, and during Art market
Budapest.

Would you be so kind as to  publish my invitation or your edited version of
it- to the artists who are going to phisically be in Venice 3-9 May 2019-
and who are exhibiting so those who wish to participate in the performance
can.?

As a context to my work- Im was borne 1983 Split, ,  Graduated St Martins
college fine arts, in london in 2006,  since 2004  I am exhibiting  solo
and group projects, internationally,  and have in 2007 exhibited at the
Arsenale nuovo during the biennale that expirence possibley inspiring this
project.

Thank you for all your assitance

Sunci

Invitation to fellow artists

Dear Artist

I would like to invite you for a traditional Venetian coffee with myself-
at Florian’s Bar- Where I will paint your portrait form life in
watercolour. By inviting the you the artist, for coffee there, I wish to
afford you a little break form the madness of the biennale, a serene moment
to relax enjoy coffee & chat, and an opportunity to be yourself the muse of
an art work.

The portrait painting takes 30- ish minutes, and it would be best to
schedule your painting time in advance. By coming to coffee, you will be
participating in my 6-day performance:  “A coffee in Venice”

With the backdrop of St. Mark’s Square and the gorgeous Florian’s bar, to
the public we will appear as that idyllic / romantic/ contrived, image, of
art being made on the streets as in all tourist meccas. While there is a
century old tradition of artist’s people watching and painting in bars, the
live painting of portraits is usually something conducted behind the closed
doors of the studio. The energy and exchange between artist and muse is
both fragile and loaded, it carries a certain magic which we shall expose
during this performance, to the public, to whom will be our self’s  the
aesthetic picture, open to interpretation.

By the end of the week I will have painted a collection of portraits which
will represent and document the versatility of artists exhibiting in Venice
this year. The performance shall be repeated in a number of cities hosting
large art exhibitions this year, before the collection of portraits created
during the performances is exhibited all together. The performance was
firstly conducted in April 2019 in Split, Croatia, it will be realized in
Athens June 18-22, 2019, London & Budampest in October.

*The performance will be conducted in Florian’s bar / terrace, 3-9 May
2019, Each morning from 8am to 12am and possibly after 12am into the
afternoon- depending on number of artists wishing to participate. – *

*To book your painting time. Please contact Sunci on 00385993415060 (wasup
/ Viber)  Sunci.on.stage gmail.com <http://gmail.com> / Instagram
Sunci.sunci.sunci*

If you just turn up there unannounced- you will recognise, me by my “ lady
artist uniform” designed for the  performance- by the wonderful Anamaria
Asnovic, Tamara Bombardelli, topped with the most distinctive feature- a
fun Victoria Grant hat .

Sunci / Suncica Kuzmanic Perisin Tomljanovic's- Art practice is
anthropological-  Sunci investigates the lives and passions of contemporary
people , trough numerous interactive projects, which  include performance
and painting. The projects lead the artist on a personal and emotional
exchange with the groups of muses, and are a journey into different worlds,
while the art pieces produced out of the projects, can be used as
documents of the contemporary human, for the future.

Looking forwards to meeting & painting you,

Sunci

Sunčica Kuzmanić - Perišin-Tomljanović

Instagram sunci.sunci.sunci
http://suncionstage.blogspot.com/