[spectre] Creative Coding for Artists & 3D Printing Workshops, Access Space

Jake Harries jakeharries at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 18:11:05 CET 2019

An Introduction to Creative Coding for Artists
March 9th, 11.00am-3.00pm, £12 in advance

If you are a visual artist who has always wanted to discover what coding
might bring to your work, this is the ideal place to start. The workshop
has been developed for beginners and will give you a grounding in some of
the basics.

Programming is not just confined to the realms of IT professionals, and can
be used for far more than making apps or websites. Many artists and
designers use software in their process, and in some cases write or
commision custom software to help them realise their creative vision. By
learning to engage the computer more directly through code, you will have
the possibility to create new tools and modes of expression.

In this workshop we’ll go through the basic building blocks of coding in
the context of the visual arts, without assuming any prior knowledge. We’ll
be using p5.js, a language that can easily be used to create geometric
shapes and animations.

Your tutor will be computer programmer Ibby EL-Serafy.

Tickets are £12, available at
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/an-introduction-to-creative-coding-for-artists-tickets-56917889941

In the weeks after this workshop we will be running free Wednesday
afternoon drop-in sessions at Access Space for those wishing to expand
their knowledge and develop their ideas. Watch out for details soon at
http://www.facebook.com/accessspace.

Enquiries: jake at access-space.org

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

3D Printing Workshop

16 March 2019, 1pm-6pm

Places are £30 and limited to 6 for this workshop so please book as soon as
you can.
This hands-on session will guide you through every step of the 3D printing
process. You will learn how to design simple 3D models with TinkerCAD and
the process of setting up and calibrating a 3D printer.
Please note that due to the duration of the printing process your model
will be available for collection the following week.

Your tutor will be artist Toni Buckby https://tonibuckby.com

Tickets available at
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/3d-printing-workshop-tickets-56924324186

For more info please email jake at access-space.org

--

All the best
Jake

Jake Harries, Director of Arts and Innovation
www.access-space.org  +44(0)114 249 5522
@accessspace facebook.com/accessspace
3-7 Sidney St, Sheffield, S1 4RG, UK
jake at access-space.org