[spectre] LASER Paris - November 4th - Pompidou Center

Annick Bureaud anikburo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 20:26:30 CEST 2019

*Dear Spectrites,*

*Our next LASER Paris is taking place on 4th of November at the Pompidou
Center, in the framework of their CAMPUS – Arts and Sciences programme.*

*We are still in Space, targetting Supernovæ, but also in the depth and
mysteries of the Fungi Kingdom. Come and join us!*

*"The Living and the Cosmos"*

*LASER Paris *

*Forum of the Pompidou Center *(next to the bookstore)

75004 Paris

*18h30 - 21h00*

http://www.olats.org/laser/laser.php

*with **Félicie d'Estienne d'Orves, Fabio Acero, Sandra et Gaspard
Bébié-Valérian**.*

Free admission, registration required.

https://tinyurl.com/y3s4z6rf

and we start on time!

LASER Paris takes place in French

*Programme*

> *Félicie d'Estienne d'Orves* (artist) & *Fabio Acero* (astrophysist, AIM
lab (CEA/Saclay-CNRS). //

*     "Cosmic Identity"* about the project *Light DNA*

     (project supported by La Diagonale Paris-Saclay)

Everyone is unique. Even supernovæ.

Each work in *Light DNA *is a gradient composed from spectrometric data of
three supernovae (explosion of a star). The colors correspond to the
components, chemical elements such as Neon, Magnesium, Silicon, Sulfur,
Argon, Calcium, Iron. Astronomers have discovered that the matter that
makes up the Earth is the same throughout the cosmos. The violent
explosions of stars, supernovae, are one of the most important source of
matter and energy of our Universe. The spectrometry and the electromagnetic
field (as visible light, Gamma ray or ultraviolet) are tools to understand
and define the type of matter that composes celestial objects within
distance.

The artist inscribes the data collected by the scientist into laser
engraved bloc of glass that are becoming a kind of "identity card" of each
supernovæ.

     *> Sandra et Gaspard Bébié-Valérian* (artists) //

*     "Fungi, between oracle and cleaning agent"* about the project *MyCore*

Eaten, mushrooms can be a delicacy, a poison, or bring us into an altered
state of mind. Nowadays, they have also become the cleaning agent of our
pollutions and even many more things.

"MyCore", short for mycoremediation, is a series of evolving projects that
can take the form of installations, performances, or even theoretical and
scientific ressources, exploring the symbiotic and transformation
capacities of the fungi kingdom.

In this framework we are working with several entities: spores, physarum
polycephalum and kombucha, exploring speculative communication systems,
borowing to alchemy, mythologies, sacred texts as well as electronic and
computer tools such as neural netwoks or statistic predictive models.

It is a story of a *Physarum Polycephalum *that is becoming an interface
between us and "another world", oracle in a bio-technological dispositif.

> Moderation : Annick Bureaud

> During the break : Audience announcements

LASER Paris is co-organized by *Leonardo/Olats *(www.olats.org and *La
Diagonale Paris-Saclay *(http://www.ladiagonale-paris-saclay.fr) in
collaboration with the hosting venue, *Centre Pompidou, **CAMPUS – Arts et
Sciences** programme *(https://www.centrepompidou.fr/)

LASER Paris is supported by the Daniel and Nina Carasso Foundation. (
https://www.fondationcarasso.org/)