[spectre] Fwd: IMAGINARY FUTURES - participatory virtual experiences - happening for the next 10 days

Andreas Broeckmann ab at mikro.in-berlin.de
Fri Aug 21 10:31:30 CEST 2020

Betreff: 	IMAGINARY FUTURES - participatory virtual experiences -
happening for the next 10 days
Datum: 	Fri, 21 Aug 2020 10:22:05 +0200
Von: 	Marcus Neustetter <marcusneustetter at gmail.com>

Hi,

For the past 6 months I have been exploring very
experimental participatory performances and co-production activities
online, both responding to the global crisis and my personal challenges
of displacement.
It has been a meaningful journey of reflection and projection for me and
a large team of collaborators and participants.

Presenting IMAGINARY FUTURES, we would love to share
virtual performances, studio sessions and discussions in the next week.

See info and press release below and let me or the contact below know if
you would like to join.

Kind regards
Marcus

*IMAGINARY FUTURES*
participatory virtual experiences

A project by Marcus Neustetter
in collaboration with Aja Marneweck, Ciara Struwig, Elrico Plaatjies,
Johannes Deetlefs, Manzikazi Scota, Mark Edwards, Mariette Erwee, Miné
Kleynhans, Nataniël Pokwas, Ofentse Letebele, Paul Setate, Perseverance
Mavuso, Reginald Milanzi, Reitumetse Lebatla, Selanvor Platjies, Sifiso
Teddy Mhlambi, Sylvia Kalane, Violet Isaacs, Wayne Reddiar, Wendy
Menong, Xolisile Bongwana and Zanda Nosenga

As a continuation of the award-winning participatory film and
performance events in 2018 /Sig/Sight/ and 2019 /The Vertical Journey/,
Marcus Neustetter returns with a third reimagined experimental
performance in 2020. This time in virtual space and on participating
devices across Bloemfontein, South Africa and beyond.

Performative films evoking journeys of discovery and wonder, initially
shown at Naval Hill Planetarium, are now brought into the digital
domain. A series of free public online events and exhibitions will layer
these journeys through space and time with a playful series of acts that
sit in the tension between art and science, the urban and the rural, the
mythical and the embodied, the past and the future.

The first phase of the project, June to mid-July, saw the activation of
the network of collaborators in experimental creative sessions online.
Working collectively on shared screens the participants explored new
ways of collaborating, alternative forms of expression and new
approaches to audiences.

In August, a series of live public performative interventions will be
hosted on Zoom that make use of VR immersions, live sound and film
mixing, live drawing, animation, puppetry and performance. These will be
accompanied by a virtual exhibition of process material and by-products
at www.imaginaryfutures.org <http://www.imaginaryfutures.org>.

You are invited to join us free on Zoom for the

*LIVE PERFORMANCES*
witness and participate in virtual performance production

#1 - Saturday 22 Aug 18:30
#2 - Tuesday 25 Aug 18:30
#3 - Thursday 27 Aug 18:30

*OPEN STUDIOS*
join in on playful experiments with the virtual performers

#4 - Thursday 20 Aug 14:00
#5 - Monday 24 Aug 14:00
#6 - Wednesday 26 Aug 14:00

*PROCESS REFLECTION*
join conversations between the performers and special guests

#7 - Monday 24 Aug 15:30
#8 - Wednesday 26 Aug 15:30
#9 - Friday 28 Aug 10:00

*SHOWCASE*
view the curated exhibition of by-products, process material and
creative outcomes at www.imaginaryfutures.org
<http://www.imaginaryfutures.org/>

Please confirm your attendance by sending us the #number of the activity
you would like to join on zoom with your name via
WhatsApp: Ciara +27 83 519 3570
or e-mail info at imaginaryfutures.org <mailto:info at imaginaryfutures.org>

http://www.imaginaryfutures.org/
#imaginaryfutures

Imaginary Futures is developed in partnership with the Programme for
Innovation in Artform Development (PIAD), an initiative of the
University of the Free State and the Vrystaat Art Festival, generously
supported by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.

For the first time this year the project series sees contributions and
participation from creatives from Net vir Pret in Barrydale and the
Centre for Humanities Research at the University of the Western Cape.