[spectre] Recipients of the Roots & Seeds Open Call

Annick2 anikburo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 12:38:47 CEST 2021

Dear Spectrites,

We are delighted to announce the results of the Roots and
Seeds XXI Open Call for Residency and for the two Production
Awards for new artworks.

We received a total of 329 applications from 32 countries,
91 of which were for the Research Residency that will take
place at the Malina House in Paris (April 2022).

The *recipient of the Residency Grant is Marit Mihklepp
*(http://maritmihklepp.com), an Estonian artist based in the
Netherlands, where she graduated from interdisciplinary
ArtScience MA program in The Hague. Her work explores the
existing and speculative communication systems between
humans and other-than-humans, often using instructions and
objects to be activated by the audience.

All our congratulations to Maritand our deep thank you to
the members of the Jury:

- Oriane Hidalgo, Botanist, Botanical Institute of Barcelona
(SP)

- Roger Malina, Astronomer, Executive Editor of the Leonardo
publications at MIT Press, President of Leonardo/Olats (US)

- Ramuntcho Matta, Artist, Founder and Director of Lizières
Cultural and Resource center (FR)

- Claudia Schnugg, Curator and Researcher in Art-Science (AT)

- Victoria Vesna, media artist and Professor at UCLA
Department of Design (US)

With Annick Bureaud, Art Critic, Curator and Director of
Leonardo/Olats (FR) and Tatiana Kourochkina, Producer,
Cofounder of Quo Artis Foundation (SP).

The *recipient of the 12.500 € Production Award*
is*Posthuman Studies Lab *(https://ferations.world
https://cargocollective.com/18apples), an independent
post-disciplinary curatorial and educational initiative
based in Moscow.

The *recipient of the 5.500€ Production Award* is *Laura
Cinti *(http://www.c-lab.co.uk),**an Italian research-based
artist working with biology and also the primary artist and
co-director of C-LAB, based in England.

Congratulations to both and a deep thanks to the members of
the Jury:

- Valentino Catricalà, curator at SODA Gallery Manchester
and lecturer at Manchester Metropolitan University (IT/UK)

- Lucio Montecchio, Researcher and Professor of Forest
Pathology at the University of Padova and member of the
Board of the Botanical Garden of Padova (IT)

- Aliya Sakhariyeva, Art historian, Director of the Art &
Science Center and Master Degree Program, ITMO University
(KZ/RU)

- Vid Simoniti, Lecturer in Philosophy at the University of
Liverpool, Director of MA in Art, Aesthetics and Cultural
Institutions (SI/UK)

- Nicola Triscott Curator, co-founder of Arts Catalyst and
the director of FACT Liverpool (UK).

Roots & Seeds
Partners<https://www.facebook.com/quoartis/?__tn__=kK*F>

_Quo Artis<https://www.facebook.com/quoartis/?__tn__=kK*F>_

Ars
Electronica<https://www.facebook.com/arselectronica/?__tn__=kK*F>

Leonardo /
Olats<https://www.facebook.com/LeonardoOlats/?__tn__=kK*F>

Universitat de
Barcelona<https://www.facebook.com/UniversitatdeBarcelona/?__tn__=kK*F>

in collaboration with
<https://www.facebook.com/InstitutBotanicBarcelona/?__tn__=kK*F>

_Institut Botànic de Barcelona -
IBB<https://www.facebook.com/InstitutBotanicBarcelona/?__tn__=kK*F>_

With the support of Creative Europe Programme of the
European Union Creative
Europe<https://www.facebook.com/CreativeEuropeEU/?__tn__=kK*F>

Photo: Iván Pérez

We are very much looking forward to collaborating with those
artists!

Best

Annick