[spectre] Conference on AI and Music Creativity 2023 - Call for Participation

Chris Kiefer c.kiefer at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Dec 20 12:07:00 CET 2022

  Call for Participation

      AIMC 2023

31 August - 1 September @ University of Sussex, Brighton, UK

The *International Conference on AI and Music Creativity* is an annual
conference bringing together a community of people working on the
application of AI in musical practice, with topics ranging from
performance systems, computational creativity, machine listening,
robotics, sonification, and more.

      *Conference Theme*

The theme of AIMC 2023 is *Intelligent Performance Systems*, where we
are interested in how AI is applied in real-time artistic performance.
This includes physical musical instruments, music theatre, software, as
well as interactive installations. Our *programme* includes
performances, installations, demo sessions in addition to academic
papers. We seek to be hands-on, performative, experimental and
collaborative, opening up opportunities for collaboration and co-playing.

      *Organisers*

This conference will be held at the University of Sussex. We seek to
foster a creative and friendly atmosphere in the sunny, vibrant city of
Brighton, UK. It is co-hosted between two research labs active in music
and AI research: the *Experimental Music Technologies
Lab* (www.emutelab.org <http://www.emutelab.org/>) and the *Intelligent
Instruments Lab* (www.iil.is <http://www.iil.is/>).

Main deadlines are in March 2023, but please find further information
about indicative topics, conference theme and submission information on
the *Conference website:*
<https://aimc2023.pubpub.org/cfp>https://aimc2023.pubpub.org