[spectre] Dispatches from Ukraine: Tactical Media Reflflections and Responses

Hanns Holger Rutz contact at sciss.de
Mon Jul 18 09:58:04 CEST 2022

Frankly Christoph, I don't think you have absorbed anything that had
been written in that very long statement.

The whole situation reminds me very much of the coup in Venezuela when
Maduro took over after the death of Chavez. Exactly the same "there is
only shades of gray, but Chomsky, but America, but bla".

There are moments in life when you can make very clear decisions on
which side to stand. This doesn't imply at all, that you cannot
criticise anyone "on your side". We don't need to be fanboys of USA to
take a clear position in this war. But I'm repeating what Rasa already
wrote, so I don't know if it makes sense to try to come to any common
sense here.

As a person that grew up in Western Germany, for the first time I
understood that I might be wrong on judging things that I have not
personally experienced, was getting to know people, friends, who had
tried to flee the GDR or be non-conformant in the GDR, and who ended up
in GDR prison and were damaged for life.

Best, .h.h.