[spectre] The CAS Jasia Reichardt Annual Lecture - 5 ½ exhibitions Speaker: Jasia Reichardt introduced by Bronaċ Ferran

Paul Brown paul at paul-brown.com
Wed Dec 13 23:01:32 CET 2023

The Computer Arts Society is pleased to launch its 2024 programme of events with our inaugural

Jasia Reichardt Annual Lecture

5 ½ exhibitions
Speaker: Jasia Reichardt introduced by Bronaċ Ferran

19:00 GMT, Tuesday 16 January 2024 in-person and via Zoom
Other time zones here:  https://www.timeanddate.com <https://www.timeanddate.com/>
Please note this change of date

BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
Ground Floor, 25 Copthall Avenue
London, EC2R 7BP, UK
Directions here: https://www.bcs.org/about-us/our-london-office-and-event-venue/

Join us for the inaugural Jasia Reichardt Annual Lecture where Jasia will discuss several exhibitions she organised at the ICA during the period from 1963-1971.

Jasia Reichardt is a writer on art and an exhibition organiser. She was Assistant Director of the ICA in London, 1963-71, and Director of the Whitechapel Art Gallery, 1974-76. She taught at the Architectural Association, as well as other colleges and has written several books. She is interested in art that encroaches on other fields: science, music, and literature, and has spent many years following up the connections between art and technology. Among her exhibitions staged in Britain, the best known is Cybernetic Serendipity (1968) about the computer and the arts - https://youtu.be/5mH9DysESqo. Later, she worked for ARTEC in Japan, and her other exhibitions involving technology included: Electronically Yours, 1998, Tokyo, and Nearly Human, 2015, Gdańsk.

Bronaċ Ferran is a writer and curator; see https://cloudmemory.com <https://cloudmemory.com/>

The event will be recorded and uploaded to the CAS YouTube Channel.

This event is open to the public and is free but you should book your place for both in-person and Zoom.  We expect this event to be very popular so early booking is advised:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/5-12-exhibitions-registration-774269971327

Our next event is on Wednesday 21 February 2024 when by Geoff Davis will introduce readings from his new book:  The AI Creative Anthology – second expanded edition.

You can see our future programme here:  https://computer-arts-society.com/events/index.html