[spectre] Call for sound contributions for Radio Insomnia

Nicolas Montgermont list at nimon.org
Fri May 19 15:25:45 CEST 2023

*Call for sound contributions for Radio Insomnia!*/

‘It is no longer a question of sleeping on earth, it is a question of
entering the nocturnal world that you will choose’/
Gaston Bachelard, Rêverie et Radio, 1949

Dear insomniac comrades,

For Radio Insomnia on July 7th and 8th, we are looking for sound works
that deal with the theme of insomnia and night-time: wakefulness,
awakening, night work, specificities of radio and night listening,
chrono-normativity, solitude and isolation, intimacy, the experience of
dilated time, the reappropriation of nocturnal time in public space...

Radio Insomnia is an ephemeral online and on-air radio station that
explores the political and poetic aspects of wakefulness and insomnia.
The contributions will be part of a live broadcast with sound pieces and
discussions in the exhibition Insomnolence at the Agora in Montreal.

What is the potential of night-time radio when wakefulness is embraced
rather than endured? Can we listen "with" insomnia, rather than fight
against it for productivity? Why loosen the grip on insomnia when we can
tighten our ear?

. Deadline: 14 June 2023
. Unlimited duration
. Languages: French or English

Send your contributions to Anabelle Lacroix et Nicolas Montgermont:
radio at insomnia.radio.fm

Info and updates:
https://insomnia.radio.fm

--