[rohrpost] C'LICK ME - Public Display of Internet Pornography - June 2 - Amsterdam

Matteo Pasquinelli matteopasquinelli at gmx.it
Son Mai 13 18:42:32 CEST 2007

C'LICK ME
Public Display of Internet Pornography
2nd International Netporn Festival
Paradiso, Amsterdam – Saturday, 2 June 2007, 1pm to 5am

Website: www.c-lickme.nl

C'LICK ME is an event to investigate internet pornography in a non-
conventional way. We are looking forward to a queer event without any
rigid queer correctness (as queer doesn't always mean good porn!). We
want to re-think the society of the netporn spectacle: the digital
zeitgeist that has given us a hypersexual body. What to do with our
bodies and digital machines? Pornography has found its way into every
nook and cranny of the Internet, but how can we still be queer
radicals or body artists, private hedonists or fervent bloggers in
this climate? Do we still need to have a sanctified space like an
underground or a dungeon, when we produce desire with our floating
networked bodies? Porn went porn-chic years ago. Today netporn goes
into Myspace bedrooms and everyday "realcore".

C'LICK ME is not only netporn displays, but strategies of public
engagement and sharing thoughts about netporn. While creating a
visibility of desire, we try to experiment with a new "invisibility"
of identities. From the era of queer communities, we move into the
culture of crossbreed pornography. Even amongst those horny mobs
targeted by the netporn industry giants, people cherish their own
queer varieties. Netporn means the messy process of personal
affections and anomalies melting into the databases of porn masses.
In the era of pornification of mainstream imagery, there is no more
society without netporn, but a lot has to be done to sexualize the
critical "multitudes". Queer and net activists, theorists and artists
once again gather in Amsterdam to discuss the growing pains of
autonomous culture zones, but also netporn as sexwork, production of
affective commodities and one of the biggest global markets.

C'LICK ME wants to create a networked debate, continuing the
discourse started with the first Netporn Conference in 2005, that was
organized by the Institute of Network Cultures in collaboration with
Katrien Jacobs and Matteo Pasquinelli. This conference afterwards
connected to other experiences across Europe and elsewhere, like the
Porn Film festival and the Post Porn Politics symposium both held in
Berlin in 2006. What does a “post-porn politics” mean after entering
the digital realms of the network society? And what will be the
destiny of the porn genre in the age of the affective technologies?
Before brainstorming the dissolution of porn into commodities or its
future explosion in global conflicts, our specific DIY contribution
is an anti-essentialist and intoxicated event, with input from new
publics, with a nostalgic embrace of (post) punk wet dreams and sex
revolutions. Most of all, C'LICK ME invites you to experience the
sexual evolution of the digital generation.

Your stimulators,
Katrien Jacobs, Matteo Pasquinelli and Marije Janssen

Program

- Day program
C'LICK ME day program will feature an international selection of
speakers from various disciplines presenting their views and thoughts
in a performative setting. Guests, among others, are American film
producer, sex blogger and writer Audacia Ray, multi-media artist and
musician Terre Thaemlitz, post-porn theorist and performer Tim
Stuttgen, 21 century activist Francesco Palmieri ‘Warbear', and
genetic pornography demagogue, Adam Zaretsky. Visitors and
participants will meet during the dinner, especially designed by food
artist Patrick Faas for C'LICK ME. The day program will be hosted by
Nat Muller.

- Evening program
The evening program features video and film screenings, which
includes the European premiere of Audacia Ray's film The Bi Apple,
the (least) favorite porn scenes brought to you by participants and
celebrities, the bareback monologues and a soiree of irreverent porn
acts. The evening program will be hosted by Bahram Sadeghi.

- Night program
As the evening turns into night, C'LICK ME invites you to an
unforgettable party with in the main hall: Dj Sprinkles a.k.a. Terre
Thaemlitz, live performances by: Khan of Finland en LeClic and Dj's
Sandrien and Abraxas. Get sweaty on the dance floor or lose yourself
in the underground atmosphere created in the small hall by the Phag
Off collective from Rome who for the first time will collaborate with
Cruise Control queer crew. Team Plastique will perform live. If this
is too much you can relax in the basement and listen to the whispered
dirty stories in the ‘For Your Ears Only' project by SXNDRX.

List of participants: Audacia Ray, Terre Thaemlitz, Tim Stuttgen,
Warbear, Florian Cramer, Lotte Hoek, Feona Attwood, Sharif
Mowlabocus, Adam Zaretsky, Dominik Bartkowski.

Ticket prices:
Passepartout (including festival dinner) 27,50 euro
Day ticket: 7,50 euro
Evening ticket: 12,50 euro
Night ticket: 12,50 euro
Tickets can be bought at:

Ticketservice: www.ticketmaster.nl
national: 0900 300 1250

AUB Ticketline: national: 0900 0991
international: +31 20 621 12 88

If you would like more information on the program, participants and
practical info, please visit our website: www.c-lickme.nl
or myspace: www.myspace.com/clickmeamsterdam

You can also join our mailinglist to discuss topics with participants: