[rohrpost] monochrom proclaims: The International Year Of Polytheism Will Be Endless

das ende der nahrungskette jg at monochrom.at
Fre Mai 16 16:40:40 CEST 2008

In 2007 we started a project to honour religions
which are not into that blunt
one-church-under-one-God-stuff, but hail to the
chaotic postmodern multitude of Gods and
Goddesses. Religion should be like a swinger
club, we believe. A dark room where you worship a
God but you don't even know which God you're
worshipping. That would be pretty cool we think.
Worshipping Gods and Goddesses doesn't need to be
some boring and dull and heteronomous thing for
bores and squares clinging to whatever bloody
tradition they have inherited. It can be a ride
to the shopping mall of the unknown. Go out with
one God/Goddess, come home with another. Worship
one God/Goddess in your living room, while you
hide another God's/Goddess's sacrificial altar in the toilet.
Tell everybody you're into Greek Gods/Godesses
but actually worship Polynesian ones whe nobody's
watching. Play off the Norse Gods/Godesses
against Hinduism. Let them fight and use their
superpowers to entertain you. And so on.

Polytheism is a big party that screams "Bring
your own God!" on the invitation. Now you
understand why we were so sad about it being
over. Damn you, 12/31/2007! Fucking monotheist
moderation tricked us again: Fun is an ocean but
it ends at the shore! We sat around crying a
little and talking bullshit, depressed and weary
of life. But then it struck us: If this great
polytheism project is about kicking the unhealthy
influence of monotheist crap out of our lives,
why not kick out the Gregorian calendar­ which
definitely is some Christian nonsense.

Why should polytheists stick to that calendar
anyway? Why couldn't the year of polytheism be a
somewhat polytheist year of which nobody knows
exactly when it will end and when it has started?
Nifty! So we went to ask the Gods and Goddesses
what they would say at which date the year of
polytheism expires. As always they have not come
to an unambiguous ordeal yet and they just keep
on arguing and arguing. Since they can not notify
us, we cannot close the year of polytheism as you
will surely understand. So just choose an
individual bundle of personal Gods/Goddesses and
join us waiting for them to stop their quarrel.
You are welcome unless you're a Nazi pagan
asshole buying that bullshit of a "true and
authentic religion" somehow related to that place
in which you were born by chance.

Check us out saying fuck off to Nazi polytheists!

<http://www.monochrom.at/polytheism/>Link