[rohrpost] Hedonistika Reader: Call for Papers

Günther Friesinger guenther.friesinger at univie.ac.at
Don Jul 24 16:25:11 CEST 2014

"Hedonistika: Montréal" was an exhibition held at the Musée d’art
contemporain in Montréal as part of the International Digital Arts
Biennial (BIAN) in May 2014. The exhibition was a multi-modal event that
brought together food scholars, artists, and roboticists to examine the
innumerable (and often hidden) ways in which technology and food are
related. By engaging with the hegemony-challenging ideology of hacking and
creating, participants interrogated and exposed the mutually constructive
bonds of food and tech, while proposing alternative, playful, and
stimulating reconfigurations. The event proposed a hack: a hybrid of
bricolage, play, criticality, and cross-disciplinary collaboration. The
goal of Hedonistika was to reflect and perhaps undo the assumptions and
habits that frame our everyday interactions with both food and technology,
while making evident their often-neglected entanglements. The goal was to
merge research-creation with critical analysis, and community engagement
with celebration. To compliment the exhibition catalogue we are now
looking for papers that explore the critical issues within these realms.

See http://janetingley.com/hedonistika/ and http://www.hedonistika.com/
for details of the exhibition.

We are looking for a diverse range of text – from academic to more
experimental. Your contribution should not exceed 40 000 characters
including the title, a short biography (max. 10 lines) and references. In
addition, the number of images (diagrams, etc.) should be reduced to an
absolute minimum. The images must be sent as separate files in
print-quality (300dpi) and must be accompanied by complete captions
(copyright information, source, etc.). The language of publication is
English.

We would like you to complete the finished text by October 31st 2014 by
the latest and send the electronic version (as a Word document, Times New
Roman, font size 12 for the main text, font size 10 for block quotations)
to <office AT monochrom.at>

Thank you in advance for your efforts!

Very best wishes,
Guenther Friesinger, Johannes Grenzfurthner, Jane Tingley and Simon Laroche

Further information: http://www.hedonistika.com/?p=66