[rohrpost] Conference HATE NEWS on May 25-26, 2018

Disruption Network Lab lorena-07 at web.de
Mo Mai 14 14:37:37 CEST 2018

Dear all,

we are glad to invite you to our conference "HATE NEWS: Manipulators,
Trolls & Influencers" at Kunstquartier Bethanien, Berlin. The event
investigates online opinion manipulation, strategic hate speech and
misinformation – and their impact on civil rights.

Please find more information below.

Best wishes,
Kim & the Disruption Network Lab Team

Berlin - MAY 25-26 - 2018:
HATE NEWS: Manipulators, Trolls & Influencers

Misinformation Ecosystems Series - Part I - 2018
Investigating online opinion manipulation, strategic hate speech and
misinformation – and their impact on civil rights.
The 13th conference of the Disruption Network Lab

Location: Studio 1, Kunstquartier Bethanien, Mariannenplatz 2, 10997 Berlin.
Partner Event at SPEKTRUM, Bürknerstr. 12, 12047, Berlin.
Curated by Tatiana Bazzichelli.
Info: http://www.disruptionlab.org/hate-news/
FB Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/368901680184340/

///////////////////////////////////////

Friday May 25 - 2018

16:30 - Doors open
17:00-18:30 – KEYNOTE
Nanjala Nyabola (Kenyan Political Analyst, Writer, and Humanitarian
Advocate, KE).
Moderated by Jo Havemann (Communication Scientist, r0g_agency for Open
Culture and Critical Transformation, DE)

19:00-21:00 – PANEL
David Carroll (Associate Professor of Media Design, Parsons School of
Design, USA)
Bernd Fix (Hacker and Computer Security Expert, Wau Holland Stiftung, DE)
Marloes de Valk (Software Artist and Writer, NL)
Moderated by Theresa Züger (Project Lead, Media Policy Lab, Media
Authority Berlin-Brandenburg, DE)

///////////////////////////////////////

Saturday May 26 - 2018

15:30 - Doors open
16:00-17:30 – KEYNOTE
Andrea Noel (Mexico-based Journalist, Covering the Drug war, Politics &
Gender-Based Violence, USA/MX)
Renata Avila (Human Rights & Tech Lawyer, Senior Digital Rights Advisor
for the World Wide Web Foundation, GT)

18:00-18:40 – SHORT DOCUMENTARY PREVIEW
The Cleaners (DE, 2018). Moritz Riesewieck and Hans Block (Filmmakers, DE)

19:00-21:00 – PANEL
Caroline Sinders (Machine Learning Designer/User Researcher, Artist,
Digital Anthropologist, USA)
Øyvind Strømmen (Author and Journalist, Expert on Extreme Movements,
Hate Speech and Hate Crimes, NO)
Cathleen Berger (Policy Expert & Lead, Mozilla's Strategic Engagement
with Global Internet Fora, DE)
Moderated by Margarita Tsomou (Author, Dramaturge and Curator, GR/DE)

///////////////////////////////////////

Sunday May 27 - 2018
20:00-22:00 + Open End Bar - PARTNER EVENT @ SPEKTRUM

Hate, Digital Cleaning and Control on Social Media
Introduced by Tatiana Bazzichelli (Founding Artistic Director,
Disruption Network Lab, IT/DE)
A look at the shadowy underworld of the Internet where questionable
content is removed. Who is controlling what we write and what we read on
social media?

///////////////////////////////////////

Funded by: Senatsverwaltung für Kultur und Europa (Senate Department for
Culture and Europa, Berlin), Reva & David Logan Foundation, Checkpoint
Charlie Foundation. In partnership with: Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung.

In cooperation with: Kunstraum Kreuzberg/Bethanien, SPEKTRUM. In
collaboration with: Wau Holland Stiftung, r0g_agency for Open Culture
and Critical Transformation, Alexander von Humboldt Institute for
Internet and Society (HIIG). Media Partners: ExBerliner, Furtherfield.

Entrance Studio 1: 5€/day (Conference) · Spektrum: Donation.
In English language.

More info:

--
Kim Voss