[rohrpost] Invitation online lecture with artist Oliver Ressler: No Future is cancelled (22.3.)

Gabriel Roswitha Roswitha.Gabriel at sbg.ac.at
Di Mär 16 09:45:54 CET 2021

Please forward to interested people. Thank you!
No Future is cancelled
Online-Lecture in English, with Oliver Ressler, artist and filmmaker, Vienna
Monday, 22th March 2021, 6:00 p.m-7:30 p.m
Oliver Ressler is an artist and filmmaker whose work has focused on global warming as a central theme ever since he first began to exhibit. One of his first solo exhibitions was 100 Years of Greenhouse Effect at Salzburger Kunstverein (1996). Several exhibitions, films, installations, billboards and photographic works on the theme have followed since then. Oliver Ressler will talk about these works, putting a cycle of films – Everything’s coming together while everything’s falling apart(2016 – 2020) – at the center of the presentation. These films follow the climate justice movement in its struggles to dismantle an economic system heavily dependent on fossil fuels.
http://www.ressler.at
https://www.instagram.com/oliver.ressler
Please register here (until March, 22th, 2 p.m.): roswitha.gabriel at sbg.ac.at<mailto:roswitha.gabriel at sbg.ac.at>
We will send you the link for the online event.
More Information<https://w-k.sbg.ac.at/veranstaltung/no-future-is-cancelled/>
 No Future is cancelled is part of Future with a Future. A talk series on climate, art and education:
We humans are consuming the resources of two Earths. In doing so, we are exceeding the planetary limits of the one Earth we have and massively endangering the ecosystems that are the basis of our lives. Already, many people and other living things are suffering from the effects of the climate crisis – a situation that, without appropriate measures, will become drastically worse in the future. We must therefore limit global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius and, recognizing the limits of our planet, take action. One thing is certain: the measures we take over the next ten years will have a decisive impact on the quality of life of people and animals in the future. Getting “into doing” requires encouraging narratives and positive visions of the future that draw on existing, diverse knowledge.
In this series of talks, we ask: What was? What is? What should be? How can we – as individuals, as a group, as a society – tell stories about a desirable and livable future? What roles do creative, artistic and cultural forms of expression, as well as education and outreach, play in this? For this reason, we are inviting people to report from their academic, artistic and educational practices, to present ideas and projects and to discuss them with us.
The talk series will accompany the research project “Spaces of Cultural Democracy” (https://www.p-art-icipate.net/raeume/start/), in which people from the fields of climate and sustainability research, social affairs and civil society, art and culture, education and outreach, communication and the digital realm work together to develop experimental spaces around the themes of “sustainability and climate change”. The project is intended to be a creative platform and an open space for visions and thought experiments, inviting people to get involved, to help shape a Future with a Future and to make it concretely imaginable. This project is a cooperation between “Wissenschaft & Kunst” and the Salzburg Museum, and is funded by the Province of Salzburg.
Conception and realization: Katharina Anzengruber and Elke Zobl, in cooperation with Sandra Kobel (Salzburg Museum).
Further talks coming up, each Mondays, 6 p.m-7:30p.m (MEZ):
12.4. Laufmaschen-Zauber & Zero Waste Couture, Stephanie Müller, artist, Munich (in German)
26. 4. Culture for Action – The Climate Museum New York, Dilshanie Perera & Anais Reyes, New York City (in English)
10. 5. Zukünfte entdecken und gestalten – Bildung und Vermittlung im Futurium, Christian Engelbrecht, Futurium Berlin (in German)
More Information<https://w-k.sbg.ac.at/forschungsthema/10247/>
Contemporary Art and Cultural Production Program Area
Wissenschaft & Kunst
Paris-Lodron University/Mozarteum University Salzburg
Bergstr. 12, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
https://w-k.sbg.ac.at/conart/