[rohrpost] BEHIND THE MASK: Whistleblowing During the Pandemic (18-20 March)

Tatiana Bazzichelli tbazz at disruptiv.biz
Di Mär 16 15:27:17 CET 2021

Dear all,

I would like invite you to attend our 23rd Disruption Network Lab
conference: BEHIND THE MASK: Whistleblowing During the Pandemic, taking
place online as a livestream event from 18-20 March 2021, during which
whistleblowers, human rights advocates, journalists, activists, artists,
lawyers and researchers will speak on their work of denouncing abuses
and wrongdoing during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.

In addition, our Activation programme extends the Behind the Mask
conference with a two community workshops on 20 and 27 March.

Below you can find our conference schedule, and more details are
available here: https://www.disruptionlab.org/behind-the-mask

We would be glad to see you (online) for this event! Our chat will be
active to ask questions to the speakers and interact with us.

All the best,

Tatiana

------------------------------

# CONFERENCE - LIVESTREAM SCHEDULE

# Thursday, March 18 · 2021

15:00–15:10: OPENING
Tatiana Bazzichelli (Programme Director, Disruption Network Lab, IT/DE)
& Lieke Ploeger (Community Director, Disruption Network Lab, NL/DE).

15:10–15:30 · CORONATION Film Interview
Conversation with Ai Weiwei (Artist & Activist, CN) and Jess Search
(Chief Executive of Doc Society, UK). Introduced by Roberto Perez-Rocha
(Director for the International Anti-Corruption Conference Series at
Transparency International, MEX/DE).
https://www.disruptionlab.org/behind-the-mask#coronation-interview

15:30–17:00 · PANEL
DEFENDING THE TRUTH IN THE PANDEMIC: Is Whistleblowing the Magic Wand?
Thuli Madonsela (Professor, Stellenbosch University, Former Public
Protector of South Africa, ZA), María de los Ángeles Estrada (Executive
Director of the Transparency and Anti-corruption Initiative, MX),
Stefano Fusco (Co-founder, Noi Denunceremo / We Denounce - Truth and
Justice Committee for Covid-19 Victims, IT). Moderated by Roberto
Perez-Rocha (Director for the International Anti-Corruption Conference
Series at Transparency International, MEX/DE).
https://www.disruptionlab.org/behind-the-mask#truth

18:30–20:00 · KEYNOTE
WHISTLEBLOWING & COVID19: Telling the Truth at the Center of Crisis
Erika Cheung (Theranos Whistleblower, Co-founder and executive director
of Ethics in Entrepreneurship, US). Eileen Chubb (Care Industry
Whistleblower, Compassion In Care Founder, Co-Founded The Whistler, UK).
Moderated by Delphine Halgand (Lead Rapporteur, Infodemics Report &
Director of The Signals Network, FR/US).
https://www.disruptionlab.org/behind-the-mask#whistleblowing

# Friday, March 19, 2021

15:00–16:30 · PANEL
DIGGING DEEPER INTO HEALTHCARE: The Vaccine Rollout, Pandemic Journalism
& Corruption
Sarah Steingrüber (Independent Global Health Expert, Global Health Lead
for Curbing Corruption, DE), Serena Tinari (Investigative Journalist, Co
founder, Re-Check, IT/CH), Alexander Nanau (Film Director, Colectiv
Documentary, DE/RO), Moderated by Jonathan Cushing (Head of Global
Health Programme, Transparency International, UK).
https://www.disruptionlab.org/behind-the-mask#healthcare

18:30–20:00 · PANEL
VOICES OF CARE: Exposing Dangers to Public Health
Delphine Halgand (Lead Rapporteur, Infodemics Report & Director of The
Signals Network, FR/US), Yvonne Dellmark (Chair, Karolinska University
Hospital's Medical Association, Vice Chairman of the Swedish Medical
Association, Physician at Karolinska University Hospital, SE), Helen
O’Connor (Former NHS Nurse, GMB NHS Union Organiser, UK). Moderated by
Cassie Thornton (Artist & Activist, Collective Healthcare Researcher,
US/CA).
https://www.disruptionlab.org/behind-the-mask#voices

# Saturday, March 20, 2021

11:00–13:00 · PANEL
JULIAN ASSANGE: Repression, Isolation & Lockdown
Suelette Dreyfus (Technology Researcher, Journalist & Writer, AU),
Jennifer Robinson (Human Rights Lawyer and Barrister at Doughty Street
Chambers in London, AU/UK), Stefania Maurizi (Investigative Journalist,
IT), Felicity Ruby (PhD Candidate at Sydney University, Researcher on
Surveillance and Democracy, AU). Moderated by Anna Myers (Executive
Director, Whistleblowing International Network, UK).
https://www.disruptionlab.org/behind-the-mask#assange

------------------------------

# WORKSHOPS

# Saturday, March 20 · 2021

15:00 – 17:00 · ONLINE WORKSHOP
With: Serena Tinari (Investigative Journalist, Co founder, Re-Check, IT/CH)

# Saturday, March 27 · 2021

11:00 – 13:00 · ONLINE WORKSHOP
PIRATE CARE: Politicising Care, Piracy and Biopolitics
With: Valeria Graziano, Maddalena Fragnito, Laura Benítez Valero

Register to the workshops here:
https://www.disruptionlab.org/behind-the-mask#workshops

More information: https://www.disruptionlab.org/behind-the-mask

--
Tatiana Bazzichelli // Founder & Artistic Director
Disruption Network Lab