[spectre] Fwd: PUBLIC VIDEO ART FESTIVAL in Ekaterinburg/RU - Call for Participation

Eric Kluitenberg epk at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 11 22:09:21 CET 2004

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:03:27
To: Spectre
From: Tania Goryucheva <tangor at xs4all.nl>

Subject: PUBLIC VIDEO ART FESTIVAL in Ekaterinburg/RU
                OUT VIDEO NET «IgRek CINEMA»

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

International video art festival in public spaces
Ekaterinburg, Russia
May 5 - June 5, 2004

NATIONAL CENTER FOR CONTEMPORARY ART
Ekaterinburg branch
OUT VIDEO NET «IgRek CINEMA»

Invite artists, working with video, animation and new media to participate
in the festival

The idea of the festival is to integrate contemporary video art into the
public spaces of Ekaterinburg city (the third biggest industrial city of
Russia, biggest city of Ural region).
The festival public screenings will happen on outdoor video screens network
of "IgRek Cinema" company, 10 city screens located in the most busy spots.
Selected video art works will be shown during one month each day in the
pauses between commercial blocks, altogether aroubd 240 screenings per day.
There are only two formal requirements to video works: LENGTH - 30 SECONDS,
NO SOUND.

The festival will end with the  two nights video screenings of  the entire
festival program  on all 10 city screens.
The closing ceremony will include presentation of the best works in a cinema
theater and winners awarding.

Awards:

Jury prize
Viewers prize
Festival¹s general sponsor prize

Authors, whose works will be selected for public screenings will receive 50$
emolument.
After the end of the festival all participants will receive the festival's
CD catalogue by mail.

Conditions
The amount of the applications from one participant is not circumscribed.
Only one work from each author will be selected for screenings.

All necessary information and application forms you can find on the web-site
of the project www.uralncca.ru/outvideo
or request by e-mail outvideo at uralncca.ru
or by telephone/fax +7 (3432)  72 79 64
National Centre for Contemporary Art, Yekaterinburg branch
Contact: Arseny Sergeev

Technical details
Attention! Lenght of videos should be no more than 30 seconds (without
titles, titles will have standard design for all works).

Please send your works to:
620062 Ekaterinburg, Lenina av., 60 A, office 540
or e-mail:  outvideo at uralncca.ru

We accept works on digital carriers CD-R, DVD, ZIP, HDD; & magnetic
carriers: VHS, miniDV (only in PAL);

Technical guidelines for works on digital carriers:
Format ­ *.avi (video for WINDOWS) or *.qtm (QuickTime Interchangable),
*.swf, *.svg (Macromedia Flash)
Image resolution in pixels (by horizontal & by vertical) ­ 320x240
Frames rate ­ 25 fps
No sound
Colour palette PAL (preferable) or NTSC
If you send work by e-mail please use codec DivX 4.12* (In tunings of CODEC
please chose mark /1-pass quality-based/, quality slider fix on 98%. All
other codecs should be attached to main file of your video work.

For participating in project.

 Send confirmation of your participation to e-mail outvideo at uralncca.ru or
by fax +7 (3432) 72 79 64, in confirmation please print your name, e-mail,
telephone or fax (we can send application form by fax, if necessary) and
supposed quantity of video works.

 Fill in the entry form for each video work separately. Each file should be
named by your surname and number of work, e.q. smitson1.RTF, smitson 2.RTF
smitson 3.RTF etc. Also you can receive our application form by fax +7
(3432) 72 79 64

Deadline for works sent by e-mail     April 20, 2004
Deadline for works sent by post        April 5, 2004 (postmarked)

ENTRY FORM
(for more detailes and the formated document please contact organisers:
outvideo at uralncca.ru)

Please, fill by tiped letters

AUTHOR (First name, Last name)

Title of work
Carrier        E-MAIL, VHS, mini DV, DV, CD, DVD, HDD (to underline)
System         PAL, NTSC (to underline)
File name
Synopsis (no more than 3 sentences)

Comments (you can attach no more than 1 page)

Authorization

I am (First name, Last name):

AUTHOR OF WORK (TITLE OF WORK):

ADDRESS:
TELEFON:        FAX:

E-MAIL:
WWW:

I KNOW THAT:
1. My video work will be hold in collection of Yekaterinburg branch of the
National Centre for Contemporary Art;
2. Catalogue with photo- and video documentation of my work will distribute
around universities and colleges in Russia and abroad, around libraries,
museums and galleries with the goal to popularize contemporary art;
3. Yekaterinburg branch of the National Centre for Contemporary Art can use
photo- and video documentation of my work with non-commercial aims for art
projects, TV-programs, video shows and publications (only after
co-ordination with me) & for advertisment OUT VIDEO project

I PERMIT:
1. Include my work to the information documents and catalogue of
International video-art festival in public spaces "Out Video";
2. include my work and further materials to the archive of Yekaterinburg
branch of the National Centre for Contemporary Art and web-site of the
project "A_REAL 001";
3. Use my video work, stills from it of and description with non-commercial
aims in publications about festival without especial co-ordination with me;
4. Use my materials for festival after finishing of the project in
non-commercial aims for new art projects, organized by Yekaterinburg branch
of the National Centre for Contemporary Art (only after co-ordination with
me).

WITHOUT ANY PAYING OR COMPENSATION

DATE  SIGNATURE

  CV (BIOGRAPHY AND MAIN EXHIBITIONS)

Surname, first name, middle name
Date and place of birth
Education (beginning from the last educational institution: date of
finishing, what institution, city)

Main group exhibitions  (beginning from the last: year, name, place, city.
You can add a brief description (about 1 page,  up to you)

Personal exhibitions (beginning from the last one: year, name, place, city.
You can add a brief description (about 1 page, up to you)