[spectre] "Natural Process(NP)" by exonemo available online!

Andreas Broeckmann abroeck at transmediale.de
Fri Feb 20 11:26:26 CET 2004

dear yukiko,

thanks for sending the info. i have been watching the stream for a
while and while i appreciate the notes about analogue/digital and the
'status' of the Google image (the window-metaphor, in my eyes, does
not immediately turn it into a landscape image), i think the
exhibition situation is even more fascinating to observe.

http://www.exonemo.com/NP/mov/index.html

the camera for the live-stream is set up very cleverly, so that we
see the painting on the wall at a slight angle, we see the visitors
walking past in front of it, and we see the visitors interacting with
the camera whose image they seem to be able to see on a monitor on
the left.

this layering of images and interactions seems to me the most
interesting aspect of the work.

an allegory of what Dieter Daniels has called 'the Google generation'
- i.e. those of his students who don't believe that anything that
they cannot find through Google exists at all?

regards,
-a