[spectre] Memoraphilia

Akiko TOBU atobu at osk.3web.ne.jp
Thu Jan 13 19:03:34 CET 2005

Hello everybody -

I'd like to let you know that my second photo book titled,
"Memoraphilia" came out here in Japan.

The title "Memoraphilia" is a neologism, meaning "A love of memory
and things memorable. A disposition toward remembrance."

My second solo exhibition of the same title is going to be held at
Zeit-Foto Salon in Tokyo from 17 February to 12 March, 2005.

I hope you get a chance to see this little book and the exhibition.

Hope you're well!

Warmest regards,

Akiko

====================

That perfume of remembrance, the whiff of old dust, stillness.
How can others' recollections call up such feelings of nostalgia?
--- Natsuki Ikezawa

"Memoraphilia"
text + photograph: Akiko Tobu
essay: Tjebbe van Tijen
Japanese translation (essay): Keijiro Suga
English translation (test + afterword): Alfred Birnbaum
design: Milky Isobe + Harumi Abe
production assistance: Maaike Ono-Boots
200 x 200 mm/hard cover/full color + duotone/120 pp
text in Japanese + English
retail selling price in Japan: 3,000 yen + tax
ISBN4-9900868-9-9 C0072
published by:
Studio Parabolica, Inc.
Kaminarimon Fukokuseimei Bldg.3F
1-2-11 Kaminarimon
Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034
JAPAN
TEL:+81 3-3847-5757
FAX:+81 3-3847-5780
email: info at 2minus.com
http://www.2minus.com
endorsements:
The Royal Netherlands Embassy in Japan
The International Institute of Social History, Amsterdam
support:
IM Shoji Co., Ltd.
Hiroyuki Nakato
Earth Inter Systems Co.,Ltd.