[spectre] Open_Sailing

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Dec 16 15:45:21 CET 2009

Sorry for any cross posting...

Open_Sailing

Review by Olga Panades Massanet.
http://www.furtherfield.org/displayreview.php?review_id=369

Open_Sailing is a floating architecture evolving like a living organism,
a laboratory for techno-social experiments - developing and testing
numerous novel technologies, such as "Instinctive_Architecture",
"Energy_Animal", and "Life_Cable" within an innovative nomadic
ecosystem. The "Swarm_Search_Engine" is a distributed operating system
that suggests a general safest location and a form for the overall
structure that constantly reconfigures itself in order to provide
intelligent distribution of supplies, energy and information.

"Led by a group of enthusiasts, gathered around the idea of "we don't
know what will happen, but together we can invent our future and cope",
the project puts forward a very ambitious, action-driven,
experiment-led, way of thinking forward. After meeting with the founder
of the project, Cesar Harada, Open_Sailing proved to be a much more
complex enterprise than I originally thought."

-------------->

Other Info:

A living, breathing, thriving networked neighbourhood...

We are on Twitter
http://twitter.com/furtherfield

Other reviews/articles/interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield - online media arts community, platforms for creating,
viewing, discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

HTTP Gallery - physical media arts Gallery (London).
http://www.http.uk.net

Netbehaviour - an open email list community engaged in the process of
sharing and actively evolving critical approaches, methods and ideas
focused around contemporary networked media arts practice.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

Furtherfield Blog - shared space for personal reflections on media art
practice.
http://blog.furtherfield.org

VisitorsStudio - real-time, multi-user, online arena for creative 'many
to many' dialogue, networked performance and collaborative polemic.
http://www.visitorsstudio.org/x.html

Furthernoise -  an online platform for the creation, promotion,
criticism and archiving of innovative cross genre music and sound art
for the information & interaction of the public and artists alike.
http://www.furthernoise.org