[spectre] XLterrestrials launch their Post-COP(15) project :: Don't Feed The Monsters! :: and we need yur support !

P. Podrescu podska at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 16 20:30:36 CET 2009

Excerpts from XLterrestrials CPH Climate Summit coverage:

"Look at the movie Saturday Night Fever. That movie came out and no
matter what government agencies you would have had in the world, and
what kind of coordination from the U.N., you could have not have
gotten that many discothèques built in one year ... [ laughter +
cheers ]  ... and it was one movie."
Arnold Schwarzenegger at GGCS2 Summit in L.A. 10/09

"CPh (Summit) is not so much about climate change, as it is about an
Operating System, on a machine that don’t float, for users that forgot
how to swim, and a culture that forgot how to think…"
the Podopolog

Dear extended family, friends and colleagues + Spectre netizens

If you are receiving news of the XLterrestrials (XLt) project for the
first time, we welcome you and hope that our work will be useful to
yours. And for all our "community" ( readers and fans, etc.) whether
or not you would like to get more involved in the proposals and news
items below, we invite you to visit the always-evolving channels +
resources at: www.xlterrestrials.org

Today we are launching our 2010 Post-COP(15) Project : DON'T FEED THE
MONSTERS!

B/c NOW IS THE TIME to share and expand the art + praxis routes :
We're installing a 21st Century Restart Button + Survival Guide (read:
Pirate Map). And we'd like your feedback, contributions, collaborative
energies and yes, probably like most of you out there, we need some
LOOT ( to expand our scope), so we've begun a "crowd-funding" campaign
as well.

The XLt are currently covering what many have called one of the most
important conferences in the history of civilization - The Climate
Summit in Copenhagen. And as absurd or accurate as that may sound to
your ears, our collective had already come to the conclusion that what
really matters is what happens in the Post-Copenhagen scenarios, in a
Post-Cop(15) global society, because it's safe to say that the
problems, as presented by a variety of fields, scientists and citizens
around the world, are bigger and more complex than anything that
governments + politicians could fix alone ( even if they had human
brains ; ) ... and certainly not in 12 days !

A longer letter + deeper look at our new 2010 themes and directions,
which will be on an urgent educational + interventionist tour
(Americas + EU), will soon be live on the website.

And we also invite you to utilize the information flow from CPh here:
www.xlterrestrials.org/plog

Aside from our own "psychomedia analysis" and "sci-fi constructivist"
formulations, we are also relaying + assessing reports from
Commondreams, Democracy Now, writers with The Nation, Indymedia, Tina
Gerhardt's reports from Bella Center and the streets, etc..... and we
welcome your participation and ideas!

And please help us spread the word to anyone who may be interested in
new forms for arts + praxis.

Thanks For Reading!!!
and warm greetings to all in the Spectre network,

P. Podrescu & the XLt

www.xlterrestrials.org/plog
arts + praxis organisms