[spectre] 2010 DOCAM Summit
Fondation Daniel Langlois
info at fondation-langlois.org
Tue Feb 16 18:06:38 CET 2010
The DOCAM (Documentation and Conservation of the Media Arts Heritage) Research Alliance presents the 2010 DOCAM Summit, which will mark the end of five years of research. DOCAM is an international research alliance initiated by the Daniel Langlois Foundation for Art, Science, and Technology. Its main objective is to develop new methodologies and tools to address the issues of preserving and documenting digital, technological, and electronic works of art.
The interdisciplinary event aims to bring together artists, researchers, students and museum practitioners (conservators, curators, technicians, etc.) in order to expose and explore the issues raised by current research.
At this occasion, DOCAM will launch its new website, featuring the following main research results:
- A Cataloguing Guide for New Media Collections;
- A Preservation Guide for Technology-Based Artworks;
- The DOCAM Glossaurus;
- The DOCAM Documentary Model;
- A Technological Timeline.
Supported by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) as part of its Community-University Research Alliances (CURA) program, DOCAM includes several partners such as the Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal, the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, the National Gallery of Canada, the Canadian Centre for Architecture, the Canadian Heritage Information Network, as well as university departments such as that of Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), Université de Montréal and McGill. DOCAM would also like to thank Hexagram UQAM, main collaborator of this event:
- March 3, 2010: Professional workshops regarding Conservation/Preservation and Cataloguing (space is limited / registration required)
- March 4 & 5, 2010: International conference open to the public (Agora Hydro-Québec, Coeur des sciences, 175 avenue du Président-Kennedy)
- March 4 (evening event) : Public Launch of the new DOCAM website (Chaufferie, Coeur des sciences, 175 avenue du Président-Kennedy)
Summit detailed program:
The Summit is free admission. However we invite you to register by adding your email address to the DOCAM mailing list:
For questions, please email: info at docam.ca
More information about the SPECTRE