[spectre] Academic video publishing

Davor Orlic davor.orlic at ijs.si
Thu Aug 9 12:15:07 CEST 2012

Dear Members,

I am a MA student of Digital Humanities at UCL, London and writing my
dissertation on the topic of "Academic Video Journals as a New
Publishing Paradigm". My research shows that science, medicine and
technology textual papers are fairly easy to publish via video means -
filming experiments, operations, etc. What I am confused about is how
can artists/humanists/social science authors publish via video. The
issue here is also the impact factor, migration of ideas from text to
video, etc. Therefore:

1) I would welcome any literature suggestions covering academic or
non-academic electronic publishing via means of video in the
arts/humanities.

2) Also very very welcome would be a suggestion of websites that publish
art/humanities results via means of video.

Please do tell me if I haven't explained myself understandably. Thank
you in advance for your help.

best wishes,
davor