[spectre] Correction dates amber'12 art and technolgy conference 10-11 November

Zeynep Gunduz zgunduz at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 13:08:11 CEST 2012

Hello,

A small correction in the conference dates...

amber '12 Arts and Technology Festival and Conference  9-18 November, Istanbul
Call for papers: deadline 31st of August
Conference dates: 10-11 November 2012

http://amberplatform.org/en/festival/item/341-paratactic-commons

amber' 12 theme: PARATACTIC COMMONS
The decade that followed 9/11 witnessed a radical regression of
communal energies, forcing us to live strictly in individual spheres;
the fear and control society in the guise of a war on terror, the
tendency of nation-states to impose their ideological agendas onto
everyone and everything under their control and the conflicts and
collaborations of a global consumerist economy that urges the rapid
privatization of public goods have all taken a toll on the common values of human societies around the Globe. The commons that we need to regain entail a broad spectrum. They range from ecological unbalances, which
result from the privatization of natural resources, to the ‘de facto’
privatization of judicial systems, which has led to the degradation of a justice that is common to all.

Meanwhile, the ever-popularizing
digital media, beginning with the Internet itself as a common resource,
has been a major source of inspiration in revitalizing the idea of the
commons. More specifically, the capacities offered by new media have
helped to re-understand that information is a “common” as well as the
right to access information.

amber’12 selects as its theme
“Paratactic Commons”: Can digital commons be an alternative platform to
launch a political system whose main aim is sharing, transparency, and
freedom of expression? What can we learn from free software’s, copyleft
movements, peer-2-peer systems, the logic of open source, and creative
commons? Could the [digital] commons help for the creation of another
form of economy and ecology? Could humans [we?]share their common
resources rather than exploit them? What kind of paratactic artistic
strategies could digital commons consist of?
amber ’12 invites artists, designers, academics, researchers and
others interested parties to take part in “Paratactic Commons” for
re-thinking the commons through the perspective of art and free,
creative, and participatory thought.

For more information visit: http://amberplatform.org/en/festival/item/341-paratactic-commons
Applications for the conference can be made from our website.