[spectre] [fwd from sendai mediatheque] "The Center for Remembering 3.11"

Andreas Broeckmann broeckmann at leuphana.de
Fri Aug 24 09:11:47 CEST 2012

Dear All

We are pleased to let you know that the special English website of The
Center for Remembering 3.11 has now been launched.
We would like as many people as possible to watch the aftermath of the
Great East Japan Earthquake and the people’s lives, and we would be
grateful if you could help us inform them.

English http://recorder311-e.smt.jp/
Japanese http://recorder311.smt.jp/

Following the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake, Sendai Mediatheque set
up The Center for Remembering 3.11 as a platform for citizens including
artists and filmmakers to record and disseminate the process of recovery
as well as to archive all the data.
We have conveyed various situations through a special website launched
along with the opening of the Center on May 3, 2011 for over a year. We
have been working on the launch of the English website, since we
received the aid from the Dutch government through Cultural Support for
Affected Areas in Tohoku* in the last autumn.

Best regards,

Kenji KAI
sendai mediatheque / activity support department director
2-1 kasuga-machi, aoba-ku, sendai, 980-0821, japan
tel +81-22-713-4483 fax +81-22-713-4482
kai at smt.city.sendai.jp <mailto:kai at smt.city.sendai.jp>
http://www.smt.jp <http://www.smt.jp/>