[spectre] Cal for Sound memories / recollections of sound

Stijn Demeulenaere zztijn at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 8 18:28:55 CEST 2012

Dear people,

I would like to ask your help. My installation Soundtracks will
be shown at Den Frie in Copenhagen in june, and I would like to ask you
for a contribution. The idea behind soundtracks is to build an archive
of memories of sound. Memories of sounds that were important to someone,
 that struck them or stayed with them. Soundtracks wants to research
which kind of sounds get remembered, and how they are remembered. Can we
 hear those sounds again in our heads, or can we only remember the
circumstances of the situation; the outlines, the edges of the sound?

And that’s why I would like to ask you to take a moment and try to find
your memory of a sound, a sound that was important to you. And I would
want to ask you to write down your memory, on paper. And if you could
send that memoy by post/snailmail to this address:

SNYK
c/o Kristine Bakken (Soundtracks)
Graabrødretorv 16, st. th.
DK-1154 København K
Denmark

You can find some more info on Soundtracks on this URL:
http://versonatura.org/stijn/soundtracks/

Thanks in advance in advance,
Kind regards,
Stijn Demeulenaere

Ps: It’s important that the memories are hand written / hand made, so
please, no emails or typed letters. Apart from that, you can write in
any language you prefer.

kind regards

Stijn Demeulenaere
www.stijndemeulenaere.be