[spectre] "A Symbol" Bill Miller at The Widget Art Gallery.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Tue Sep 3 14:56:41 CEST 2013

Sorry for any cross posting...

"A Symbol" Bill Miller at The Widget Art Gallery.

Review by Rob Myers.

What can we learn from our encounter with an indeterminate symbol
floating in the space of a gallery that exists only on Apple devices?

Rob Myers writes about Bill Miller's work featured at The Widget Art
Gallery (WAG) serving art online since 2009. From July to August 2013
the work inhabited this virtual space as Bill Miller's "A Symbol".

Named for the ability to install the contents of its web pages as a Mac
OS X "dashboard widget" or iOS icon it presents virtual art objects
against a standard backdrop, or in a standard virtual environment, that
looks like a white-painted townhouse room repurposed as a small gallery
space in an exclusive part of town.

http://www.furtherfield.org/features/reviews/symbol-bill-miller-widget-art-gallery

--
--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield – online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery – Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield